Recent Changes on HTML files Manipulation

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
tiago

Recent Changes on HTML files Manipulation

Post by tiago »

Since a few updates I made I noticed that XYplorer ceased to treat Firefox-based html saved files & folders as a single file.
Back then it was just a mere matter of using selection filter on *.html;*.htm files and moving their related folders was a piece of cake. As NTFS does not allow duplicate names to exist on the same folder, it was just such a joy to easily pull several saved pages out of regular content. Now I'm bored to death either by manually selecting the related folders or using the 'select items' feature. Not to mention the numerous errors I'm getting by using such a style.
At first I thought I could keep getting used to the new behavior but after many, many, many of those moves a day, day after day over the last 4 weeks I'm becoming really tired and think this change could be undone. Or made optional.

Please...
Power-hungry user!!!

TheQwerty

Re: Recent Changes on HTML files Manipulation

Post by TheQwerty »

History wrote:

Code: Select all

v16.10.0310 - 2016-01-16 14:53
    * File Operations using the shell (not Custom Copy): From now on XYplorer 
      will avoid the odd "Connected Files" smartness that has been introduced with 
      Win 2000 (https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb776887%28VS.85%29.aspx#connected ),
      e.g. "XY.htm" file + "XY-files" folder. Deleting or moving or copying one 
      of such a couple would also delete or move or copy the other. Madness. 
      This will not happen anymore in XYplorer from now on.
Previous discussions:
Now everyone can have an informed debate on which is the "correct" behavior. ;)

tiago

Re: Recent Changes on HTML files Manipulation

Post by tiago »

Both sides have enough reasons to wish for (not) having the connection feature. So it makes sense having choice over it as XYplorer has complete control over the behavior. On my side I never needed to worry on undoing those files so my opinion here may not worth much.

But I'm really being severely impacted by the change. Much much more than I thought I could bear in the long term.

Thanks for taking the time to post the info pieces.
Power-hungry user!!!