I cannot see my mapped samba shares on the left navigation

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
mrjayviper

I cannot see my mapped samba shares on the left navigation

Post by mrjayviper »

On Directory Opus, Windows Explorer and Explorer++, the left navigation tree includes my mapped samba shares. Using XYplorer, I cannot see them. I looked at the settings and "Show Network Folder" is enabled. I cannot find any other setting that would prevent this.

Any ideas on how to make my mapped Samba shares appear on the left navigation tree? thanks a lot

sinilill

Re: I cannot see my mapped samba shares on the left navigati

Post by sinilill »

What Windows are you using?
Are you sure your drives are mapped?

mrjayviper

Post by mrjayviper »

seems XYplorer has problem listing mapped drives if it's run as admin. It's working fine now. Thanks :)

TheQwerty

Post by TheQwerty »

Welcome to the club, mrjayviper!

You might find this useful: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/lib ... s.10).aspx
When network shares are mapped, they are linked to the current logon session for the current process access token. This means that if a user uses the command prompt (cmd.exe) together with the filtered access token to map a network share, the network share is not mapped for processes that run with the full administrator access token.

Resolution

To work around this problem, configure the EnableLinkedConnections registry value. This value enables Windows Vista and Windows 7 to share network connections between the filtered access token and the full administrator access token for a member of the Administrators group. After you configure this registry value, LSA checks whether there is another access token that is associated with the current user session if a network resource is mapped to an access token. If LSA determines that there is a linked access token, it adds the network share to the linked location.

To configure the EnableLinkedConnections registry value
  1. Click Start, type regedit in the Start programs and files box, and then press ENTER.
  2. Locate and then right-click the registry subkey HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System.
  3. Point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
  4. Type EnableLinkedConnections, and then press ENTER.
  5. Right-click EnableLinkedConnections, and then click Modify.
  6. In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
  7. Exit Registry Editor, and then restart the computer.

highend

Post by highend »

Just to make this clear: It's not an issue with XYplorer!

The code that could be pasted into a command prompt (with admin permissions):

Code: Select all

REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System" /v "EnableLinkedConnections" /t REG_DWORD /d "0x00000001" /f
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal