FLAC ID-Tag

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
Dustydog

Re: FLAC ID-Tag

Post by Dustydog »

TheQwerty wrote:
admin wrote:I could do it, but I think I won't, sorry. Too little demand. After many years I can safely say that the audio crowd overall holds a clear second place to the image crowd. I'm a musician myself, I know how they tick. You better make business with photographers. :ninja:
I think you were a few years too late for most people's music management needs - at least in achieving the attention/polish to attract them. Besides, the majority needed to interface with iPods and that meant putting up with iTunes and the only way to not lose your marbles there is to just accept that "Apple knows what's best" and not think about it further.

Had I known about XYplorer in the early 2000s many of my wishes would have been music related. Then life got busy and now I just find it easier to pay for streaming access to someone else's meticulously managed library than deal with those headaches.

XY is well positioned for images though. The timing is perfect with the quality of smartphone cameras and the fact that the major photo services still have rough edges. In fact, with Google killing off Picasa soon there might be an opening to attract customers by offering more in the way of editing/managing photo tags (EXIF). ;)
NO! I'm trying to RIP all my blasted, life-cluttering CDs - into .flac - and get rid of the things. They're cluttering up my life, though I couldn't live without the music. Also have rather a lot of music that's outlasted the original discs lying around in various places. And yes, I'm snooty enough to prefer uncompressed music to MP3 quality. (No, don't flame me. At the least, you can select what transcode quality you want on a case by case basis if you have a lossless original.)

The more I learn about XY, the more I wish it supported Vorbis comments to the degree it supports mp3 tags.

Please? I hate having to jump utilities so often, especially when so much of it is file management. Wish I could do it all in XY. WIsh I could do tags in Bulk Rename Utility too, for that matter, though the more I learn XY, the more I suspect I could replace that lovely utility eventually. Currently using a quite straight-forward thing called Qoobar, which is good at combining names and tags to produce something sufficiently tidy without too much thought, but it's stil one set of files at a time, usually a separate step after file renaming, and I can't apply my increasing XY knowledge to fix all my file-management needs.

The time I spend learning XY...wish I could make it the one tool to trump all others. And I really do need vorbis comments.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

highend

Post by highend »

Me :mrgreen:

It works fine under Win7, Win8 and even Win10 (x64)...

Flac & Ogg vorbis (+ mp3 of course) tags are displayed flawlessley in Windows File Explorer
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Is the info available to XYplorer as Shell Properties? (Add Column, Select Property...)

highend

Post by highend »

Yes, it is:
taglib.png
taglib.png (7.88 KiB) Viewed 2169 times
It registers a 32-bit and 64-bit handler...

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks, great!

So, Dustydog, isn't that what you wanted?

JLoftus

Post by JLoftus »

I've also been using dbPoweramp for years, and it does a fine job of tagging, but the original idea I was asking for in this thread was to have XY natively support tags to be used in Custom and/or Extra columns. The help from Highend earlier in this thread has been working sufficiently for me to this end since, but, as was pointed out, having native tag support would certainly be leaner/cleaner/faster

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Okidoki, I'll give it a try... :)

Done! 8) Wasn't too hard. :maf:

Little problem: How to call these columns which now work for MP3 and FLAC???
2016-08-30_185732.png
2016-08-30_185732.png (14.55 KiB) Viewed 2110 times
Maybe "Tag Album", "Tag Artist" ?

JLoftus

Post by JLoftus »

admin wrote:Okidoki, I'll give it a try... :)

Done! 8) Wasn't too hard. :maf:

Maybe "Tag Album", "Tag Artist" ?
THANK YOU!!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Yes, I like those labels. This is fantastic!

highend

Post by highend »

May we request .ogg parsing next? xD

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

highend wrote:May we request .ogg parsing next? xD
Yeah, next. I mean request. :ninja:

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

JLoftus wrote:Yes, I like those labels.
You mean you like "Tag Album", "Tag Artist" ...?

What do others think, should I rename the columns? It's difficult, these fields are only for audio files: MP3, FLAC, later OGG. "MP3" at least implies audio, whereas "Tag" does not. But "Audio Tag Year" would be too long. :eh: Hmmm....

highend

Post by highend »

Rename? Yes. To what? Difficult.

Tag can mean anything (for any file format).

These are audio tags.

"Tag Title" could be the title of a video file as well -> The name of the column wouldn't reflect that.

Maybe Audio tag <title|album|bitrate|...>?

Sure, longer but at least you know exactly what you're displaying in such a column...

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Looks like postings crossed, ideas identical. :)

Marco

Post by Marco »

ID3/Vorbis?
It doesn't even need translation.
Tag Backup - SimpleUpdater - XYplorer Messenger - The Unofficial XYplorer Archive - Everything in XYplorer
Don sees all [cit. from viewtopic.php?p=124094#p124094]