You don't trust installers? Download the noinstall package!

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
admin
Site Admin

You don't trust installers? Download the noinstall package!

Post by admin »

Download the latest TrackerV3 NOINSTALL version (v3.60.0084, 12-nov-2004).

The noinstall package will be updated irregularly.

Note that the regular install package adds only one single thing to your registry: the uninstall information (which will be removed on uninstall). No matter what package you use: running the program does not change your system or registry at any time.
Last edited by admin on 14 Feb 2005 19:07, edited 2 times in total.

Gandolf

Post by Gandolf »

Thanks Donald. It will save me having to move the entries in my Start menu every time a new version of TrackerV3 is released.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Gandolf wrote:Thanks Donald. It will save me having to move the entries in my Start menu every time a new version of TrackerV3 is released.
Why do you have to do that? You can simply install the new version over the previous one.

Gandolf

Post by Gandolf »

Not the way I have the Start Menu set up! The Program menu has rarely used programs, plus the Startup menu. Then I have menus, from the main Start command, for Editors, Graphics, File Management etc... Some simply have a link to the program, other have more than one link with different command line options for the program. Hence any program that installs into the Program menu (and almost all do) has to be moved to it's appropriate category. I know, I make life difficult for myself, but it's a hangover from the DOS days when I started using menus and have stayed with the same concept of different groups ever since.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

But in your "File Management" group you should just have a link to TrackerV3, and each new installation just replaces the target of that link.
I probably still did not get you...

Gandolf

Post by Gandolf »

I move the link that has been created in the Program menu by TrackerV3's installer to my File Management menu. When I install the next version of TrackerV3 it creates another link in the Program Menu. If I then move that link to the File Management menu it will change any options (Hot key, maximize window...) to the setting that are on the latest install. It is not only TrackerV3, almost all programs do it when an installer is used. Before deleting the newly created link I need to check that nothing has changed (help file name or home page URL for instance) so being able to copy the files to the TrackrV3 directory is easier.
Just my difficult way of working!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Gandolf wrote:... If I then move that link to the File Management menu...
Why do you do that? The old link in your File Management menu should still work alright.

Gandolf

Post by Gandolf »

It's my tidy mind! I only like to have one link to any program from the start menu (unless they have different command line parameters).

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Well, ok. Still I don't see why you have to move anything. If you don't like the newly installed program group you could simply delete it. Anyway, it's not so important...

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Download the latest TrackerV3 NOINSTALL version (v3.60.0093, 28-nov-2004).

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Download the latest TrackerV3 NOINSTALL version (v3.60.0115, 07-feb-2005).