How do I get XY explorer to display TortoiseHg icon overlays

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
MrAnalogy

How do I get XY explorer to display TortoiseHg icon overlays

Post by MrAnalogy »

I'm using XY 15.70.0100 and TortoiseHg version control on Windows 7 / 64 bit.

I can see the TortoiseHg icon overlays in Windows Explorer, but not in XY.

Any tips?
Software company owner

Filehero

Re: How do I get XY explorer to display TortoiseHg icon over

Post by Filehero »

The tip in this message and thread has helped me to solve my very same problem with TortoiseSVN.

Cheers,
Filehero

armsys

Post by armsys »

Hi Filehero & MrAnalogy,
Can both Toroise and Mercurial be used for small-scale development such as XYS, VBA and VBS?

Filehero

Post by Filehero »

armsys wrote:Can both Toroise and Mercurial be used for small-scale development such as XYS, VBA and VBS?
Of course.

You don't even need any devlopment tasks at all to make use out of an versioning system/concept.

armsys

Post by armsys »

Filehero wrote:You don't even need any devlopment tasks at all to make use out of an versioning system/concept.
You make my day. Now Toroise+Mercurial is on my learning list after XYS and VBS/VBA.
Thank you.

TheQwerty

Post by TheQwerty »

armsys wrote:
Filehero wrote:You don't even need any devlopment tasks at all to make use out of an versioning system/concept.
You make my day. Now Toroise+Mercurial is on my learning list after XYS and VBS/VBA.
Thank you.
While I was a big fan of Mercurial, at this point if you want to learn any version control system your time will probably be better spent on Git.

It's currently the most popular, thanks in large part to GitHub, and as a consequence you'll find a vast amount of resources, better integration/third-party tools, and are more likely to see it in use elsewhere.

That said, for most basic users the differences are negligible and it's just a shame that Hg seems to have "lost" the popularity contest.