TABS LARGER? Enlarge tabs? (New User Question)

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
badams007

TABS LARGER? Enlarge tabs? (New User Question)

Post by badams007 »

My eyes are lousy. Is there a way to make TABS LARGER?
(I do know how to change the background and text colors and active tab color. Those adjustments DO help me see tabs MUCH better. Wonderful. But I still wonder: can I enlarge tabs? Would that be do-able future XY's?)

jacky
XYwiki Master

Post by jacky »

Well, the anwser is no, you can't. Colors (and font) are your only customizations here...

But I'm not sure how larger they could be anyway? I mean, Tabs do fill in the full width (as much as they can), and are automaticaly resized according to how many there are.
If you have the Tabs along with your Toolbar, what you can try if to have the Tabs alone using another Layout : use menu Window/Layout and choose the one you'd like to use!

Unless you meant in height, not width? But in that case that's still a no, it has to be the same height as Toolbar & Address Bar obvisouly, and you can't change their heights.
Proud XYplorer Fanatic

surrender

Post by surrender »

if you hate aiming at the tabs everytime, as an alternative you can try holding ctrl key and hit tab. This will take you to the next tab (right side). You can quickly move around by hitting ctrl+tab. Similarly, if your mouse has a wheel, aim on any tab and rotate wheel and you can fly around tabs.

badams007

Post by badams007 »

Jacky & Surrender! RIGHT ON!!!

I followed Jacky's advice (height was what I mostly wanted, width too, I suppose...wouldn't mind bigger FONT either, hehe)

but the Windows/Layout and selecting the bottom one, put all my tabs alone in their own row (instead of sharing space with toolbar) and now I can see them MUCH better. Looks roomery and less crowded, too. whew!

And Surrender's mention of Control/Tab to move about in tabs (also mouse wheel) has much improved SEEING tab names because that action places the path (with folder name/tab name) up in larger texted ADDRESS BAR! HAPPY!! :)

I see also, Windows/Tabs allows user to see all open tabs and move about from there, too.

I have learned today. Thank both of you so much!!!!!

:) :lol: :o :D :D