Klingon - Mein Gott!

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
Irwin of Upton

Klingon - Mein Gott!

Post by Irwin of Upton »

Does anyone else feel that the inclusion of Klingon is just a little too cute? It diminishes the seriousness of the program!

SkyFrontier

Re: Klingon - Mein Gott!

Post by SkyFrontier »

There are other factors that should be included on that count, Irwin, prior to a language.
On the other hand I see this having a certain appeal, increasing the "geekness" of the program. For the good.
Not being a great fan of the Star Trek series I'm finally having occasion to watch it and I must admit it deserves the cult it earned throughout the time, and the inclusion of Klingon may reach that public which is very active and very loyal. I doubt Don included it for marketing reasons, tho, having it as a way to keep practicing on the environment he works on - as I do with English version.
New User's Ref. Guide and Quick Setup Guide can help a bit! Check XYplorer Resources Index for many useful links!
Want a new XYperience? XY MOD - surfYnXoard
-coz' the aim of computing is to free us to LIVE...

kunkel321

Post by kunkel321 »

Irwin of Upton wrote:Does anyone else feel that the inclusion of Klingon is just a little too cute? It diminishes the seriousness of the program!
We should have fun with our work from time to time! File management doesn't have a lot of intrinsic comic value. Unless the files are about actual comics... I'm gonna make a custom column for that.
ste(phen|ve) kunkel

Irwin of Upton

Post by Irwin of Upton »

Being long out of the "spring chicken" category my sense of humor isn't what it used to be.

Still the above observation was serious. With Windows 10 garnering favorable reviews the fact that this program shows no signs of soon going 64-bit any time soon is an impediment to new customers. Compared to some of the razzle-dazzle UI's out there it is starting to appear rather decrepit.
That said,
chep 'ej qaStaHvIS yIn
:biggrin:

kunkel321

Post by kunkel321 »

chep 'ej qaStaHvIS yIn
Oh... Mein... Gott...

For a couple of years now, at work (a public school district in Wa) we've been forced to have Bing (rather than Google) as our default search engine. (Something about it being safer for the kids.) Anyway, this fall and winter I've noticed that it's actually gotten better at finding search results that are actually relevant.
Sooo, just now, as I tried to translate that ("in the light of life and" apparently), Bing was able to give me the translation, but Google was not!!!! Holy moly. My world has been turned upsidedown... Bing has bested Google!
ste(phen|ve) kunkel

JDługosz

Post by JDługosz »

Could be worse.

Back in the early ’90’s I worked on an embedded-PC control system that ran on DOS but was essentially programmed to the metal.

I came up with a run-time nationalization system that could be switched on the fly, to match the operator's preference. However, we realized that neither of us working on the software actually knew any other languages. So the concept work (and demo) was done in English, Klingon, and Pig Latin.