Display show matching text if found

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
HotTub

Display show matching text if found

Post by HotTub »

I have a bunch of text files that contains long lists of programs. When I do a FIND and specify the contents I am looking for in the CONTAINED TEXT field, it shows me the file names that contains the text but does not display the contents I specified. Is there a way to display the information that is contained within the file when it finds the text I am looking for without having to open the files that is shows me and then go looking for it manually? PowerDesk has a "show matching text" check box feature but I would rather use XYplorer.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Display show matching text if found

Post by admin »

Where/When should that info be displayed?

HotTub

Post by HotTub »

I found a way to get the results I am looking for. I find that if I switch to the Preview tab after the search completes, it gives me a list of the contents of each text file name I select. I then just have to scroll thru the list to the info I am looking for. I should have thought of trying that in the first place but I guess I just wasn't looking beyond the search option for the answer to the problem.
Thank you