Automated Slideshow for images?

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
stebobibo

Automated Slideshow for images?

Post by stebobibo »

What I want to do is view an automated (timer based, not mouse/keyboard) slideshow in xyplorer. The reason I want to do this is xyplorer is that you can do random and custom sort order in xyplorer, while this is not possible in windows explorer. I know about the F11 preview mode for pictures in xyplorer. It's great, but the problem with it is that it doesn't have a timer function (that I know of). And if I try using windows photo viewer for the slideshow, it won't show them in the order they are in xyplorer, instead it just goes alphabetically. Your help is greatly appreciated!

SkyFrontier

Re: Automated Slideshow for images?

Post by SkyFrontier »

For the time being, you may consider a scripted solution.
On the top of the .xys you will find settings to mess with. Open the file using a notes editor.
Hope this helps with the basics.

Edit:
well, not that basic...

v6:
-maximizes window to show, restores after show finishes
-white list for allowed image types
-GENTLY STOPS THE SHOW IF PRINT SCREEN KEY IS PRESSED (or if there's another interference in clipboard content)
-auto-calculates 90% (customizable) off of full screen resolution as a maximum value for slides resolution
-better handling of cancel operations
-alternate version without transformation effect, aka Jaeger version

v3:
-GUI elements are removed for better viewing! yay!
-input for time
-ends if nothing is selected
-restores original selection when the show stops
-provides a minimum GUI to work with at the end (this could be improved... I don't know a way to properly restore original values for GUI layout. Any ideas, guys...?).
Attachments
TimedImageViewer_v6.xys
(6.6 KiB) Downloaded 124 times
TimedImageViewer_v6b_Jaeger.xys
Doesn't have transformation effect... =)
(6.01 KiB) Downloaded 90 times
TimedImageViewer_v3.xys
(2.83 KiB) Downloaded 110 times
TimedImageViewer.xys
(1.07 KiB) Downloaded 98 times
Last edited by SkyFrontier on 25 May 2015 22:20, edited 1 time in total.
New User's Ref. Guide and Quick Setup Guide can help a bit! Check XYplorer Resources Index for many useful links!
Want a new XYperience? XY MOD - surfYnXoard
-coz' the aim of computing is to free us to LIVE...

stebobibo

Post by stebobibo »

Hi Skyfrontier,

Thanks a lot for your help! I greatly appreciate the work you've done to help me! :biggrin:
I've tried the vs 3 one (is that the better one?). It works. But when I tried it on a lot of pictures and I wanted to stop it because it would go on too long, I pressed esc. That ended the slideshow, but left me at the screen, from which I do not know how to get back to regular xyplorer! :shock: see screenshot

Also, is it possible to do the slideshow in full screen mode?

Thanks!
Attachments
Xyplorer after script.png
Xyplorer after script.png (49.02 KiB) Viewed 1821 times

SkyFrontier

Post by SkyFrontier »

Hm.
I'll see what I can do. The immediate action would be customizing hotkeys to "window" menu items and mainly
-F10 to toggle dual pane,
-Miscellaneous / General Functions / Toggle Main Menu - set a hotkey for it
-File / Restart without Saving - set a hotkey for it (suggestion: shift+R)

Glad it helped.

Prior to posting v3 I tried to find a way to max/minimize XY via script but totally forgot I could #1028;/#1029; it. Will do in the next version.

Guys: is there a way to interfere in the esc-mechanism, in ways of obtaining a custom response without changing CKS so a stopped script returns a value which in turn can be used to perform further actions?
New User's Ref. Guide and Quick Setup Guide can help a bit! Check XYplorer Resources Index for many useful links!

stebobibo

Post by stebobibo »

Thanks again, Skyfrontier.

Getting the main menu back was what saved me. From there I loaded my layout and was back to normal again.
The other two things; dual pane, and restart; did nothing useful for me.

I appreciate the work you're doing to improve the script! :appl:
Will you post the next version here or somewhere else?

SkyFrontier

Post by SkyFrontier »

Well... "restart without saving" restores everything back in place, instead of (then) current useless filtered pane.
Yes, I'll post any updates here. Stay tuned. ETA: 2 or 3 days (finishing some tasks for the week, sorry). I had an idea on how to deal with ESC, but it's a dirty solution and I may have missed a trick on the last months so other posters' opinions may give a better solution.

SkyFrontier

Post by SkyFrontier »

New version 6 available.
THAT'S entertainment!
; )

nerdweed

Post by nerdweed »

Did you check http://www.xyplorer.com/xyfc/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=9784 - Wonderful script from Flux.