Thumbnail Views...

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
aimy

Thumbnail Views...

Post by aimy »

If I'm not mistaken, the conventional Windows Explorer would only display the thumbnails as the files are displayed on the screen.

But with XYplorer, it seems that it tries to create thumbnail for every single file within the folder.. which is very annoying if there's a large number of pictures inside the folder.. :evil:

So, if there an option to set XYplorer to only display the currently displayed files instead of try to create thumbnails for all files in one shot??

Thank you.

surrender

Post by surrender »

In my opinion it thumbs only the ones you are viewing on the list and not all subfolders inside a folder. By the way, are you using the "super-fast thumbnail creation"? If not you will find it in tools>configuration>thumnails. It much much faster this way but at a slightly lower quality.

aimy

Post by aimy »

surrender wrote:In my opinion it thumbs only the ones you are viewing on the list and not all subfolders inside a folder. By the way, are you using the "super-fast thumbnail creation"? If not you will find it in tools>configuration>thumnails. It much much faster this way but at a slightly lower quality.
Thanks for your response.

Yeah I am using the fast thumbnail creation.

But you have misunderstood my problem I guess. I did not mean that XYplorer create all thumbnails for the subfolders as well, IT'S NOT THAT!

What I'm trying to point out is that it tries to complete the creation of thumbnails for all files inside that folder (not subfolders).

And what I want to achieve is that it only display thumbnails as the files are IN CURRENT VIEW.. So, I don't have to wait! I only want to see THUMBNAILS AS THE FILES ARE DISPLAYED!

Well, I hope it's much clear now.. Thank you.

surrender

Post by surrender »

ah!! ok.. i get it now. But I sure remember this topic being addressed before, but cant find it too.
But as you suggest it would surely be an improvement over what it is now. But as a workaround, if you very often have to see the last files first then sort name column (right-click tab>sortby) in descending order and you will see it thumbing first.

aimy

Post by aimy »

surrender wrote:ah!! ok.. i get it now. But I sure remember this topic being addressed before, but cant find it too.
But as you suggest it would surely be an improvement over what it is now. But as a workaround, if you very often have to see the last files first then sort name column (right-click tab>sortby) in descending order and you will see it thumbing first.
Thanks dude..

Yeah.. I've searched thumbnail topic but i couldn't see any that relate to this.. well that's really surprised.. 8)

Or maybe I've overlooked..

Thanks for your suggestion, it might be helpful. But in my case unfortunately it is not, coz I really want to pick from a list of images.. :(

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Why not use the thumbs cache. It's ultra fast...

A create-thumb-on-demand method is certainly a cool idea, but currently there are other things to do first.

aimy

Post by aimy »

admin wrote:Why not use the thumbs cache. It's ultra fast...

A create-thumb-on-demand method is certainly a cool idea, but currently there are other things to do first.
Yeah I've checked that options..

Under Tools|Configuration..|Thumbnails menu right?

But for folder with the 1st time use, I still have to wait.. :roll:

Thanks for that useful feature btw.. :)