Tip: Toggle Search Filter On/Off

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
admin
Site Admin

Tip: Toggle Search Filter On/Off

Post by admin »

Hey, did you know that on the Find Files Tab, you can (de)activate search filters by Ctrl+Clicking the Tab headers?

I added that in 20060601 but first forgot to mention, and then forgot completely. :)

j_c_hallgren
XY Blog Master

Post by j_c_hallgren »

Even me, (a 'keyboard and right-click avoidist'), will find this useful! :D As going all the way over to the checkbox on right takes more time/effort than using Cntl or right-click to turn on/off a particular filter...especially name, size and date...
Still spending WAY TOO much time here! But it's such a pleasure helping XY be a treasure!
(XP on laptop with touchpad and thus NO mouse!) Using latest beta vers when possible.

jacky
XYwiki Master

Re: Tip: Toggle Search Filter On/Off

Post by jacky »

admin wrote:Hey, did you know that on the Find Files Tab, you can (de)activate search filters by Ctrl+Clicking the Tab headers?

I added that in 20060601 but first forgot to mention, and then forgot completely. :)
Well, I'm pretty sure you must've mentionned it before, because I knew that, and use it from time to time, and I beleive it's on the wiki too....
Proud XYplorer Fanatic

admin
Site Admin

Re: Tip: Toggle Search Filter On/Off

Post by admin »

jacky wrote:
admin wrote:Hey, did you know that on the Find Files Tab, you can (de)activate search filters by Ctrl+Clicking the Tab headers?

Well, I'm pretty sure you must've mentionned it before, because I knew that, and use it from time to time, and I beleive it's on the wiki too....
Yep, right! I did not look sharp enough. Here it is:

Code: Select all

v5.00.0012 - 01.06.06 12:46
    + Panel/Find Files: now you can toggle the find filters by holding 
      CTRL while clicking the filters' tab headers.