Catalog - Focus File

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
phatmankerr

Catalog - Focus File

Post by phatmankerr »

Can I just check if this is me being dim, but when I used to select a file in the catalog XY would jump to the file and highlight / give the file focus. This doesn't seem to occur anymore :?:

Is there some new setting that I have missed.

Any pointers appreciated.

Thanks

phat

jacky
XYwiki Master

Re: Catalog - Focus File

Post by jacky »

phatmankerr wrote:Can I just check if this is me being dim, but when I used to select a file in the catalog XY would jump to the file and highlight / give the file focus. This doesn't seem to occur anymore :?:
hmm.. and what does happen then?
Cause it still works as it should, which is how you describe it, over here. And if the file doesn't exists anymore you should get an error message...
Proud XYplorer Fanatic

surrender

Post by surrender »

works fine here too.

phatmankerr

System Specific

Post by phatmankerr »

Thanks guys

I can confirm that it works as expected on my laptop - the file receives focus and is highlighted - this appears to be a problem with one of my work PC's (same OS as my laptop)?

Not to worry - not the end of the world - just thought I was going slightly mad.

Cheers

Phat

jacky
XYwiki Master

Re: System Specific

Post by jacky »

phatmankerr wrote:this appears to be a problem with one of my work PC's (same OS as my laptop)?
And what happens on that PC, when you click on your Catalog item ? Nothing?
Is the file on a network somewhere? If so maybe it's justa bit slower as it would be with a local file... other thn that, don't see why it would not work.

Oh, just a last thought: is that file either hidden or system (attribute), and XY set not to show such files? Cause if so, it seems XY will indeed change location, but it will not focus&select the file, since it obviously isn't (shown) on List.
Proud XYplorer Fanatic

phatmankerr

Attribute

Post by phatmankerr »

Jacky

I think you could be spot on, the files are on a network share, but local IT do do some strange things with folder attributes.

Clicking on the item in catalog at work goes to the item but it is not highlighted or selected.

Will check out your theory when I am in next.

Cheers

Phat