Shared Folder Icon in Tree View

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
Zardoz2293

Shared Folder Icon in Tree View

Post by Zardoz2293 »

Is there a way to enable the shared folder icon overlay as is displayed for the List View on a "shared folder"?

Thanks!
Computer/Systems Background = Expert | Windows 10 Pro (64-Bit) | Dell Precision 7720

admin
Site Admin

Re: Shared Folder Icon in Tree View

Post by admin »

Configuration | Refresh, Icons, History | Icons | Show icon overlays?

Zardoz2293

Post by Zardoz2293 »

admin wrote:Configuration | Refresh, Icons, History | Icons | Show icon overlays?
Two things...

1. It's a bit amusing as I used the super cool "Jump to Setting..." to search for that configuration. However, I think I used every search word I could think of (except the two quoted) at 5 am and couldn't find it, but I sure used the terms "icon" and "overlay" in my question. :oops:

2. I wasn't clear in what I was seeking. The "shared folder icon" is overlayed in the LV but is not displayed in the TV. I'm seeking to have both TV and LV display the 'same' icon. In my workflow the TV is the primary visual indicator for me to know a folder's status as 'shared' (although I would expect to see the exact same icon represented in the LV as is in the TV). With "Configuration | Refresh, Icons, History | Icons | Show icon overlays?" = Checked/Enabled, then View | Caches | Refresh Icons (selected) or and Terminate/Execute XY, I'm not getting the TV to display the shared icon overlay. Suggestions?

Thanks!
Computer/Systems Background = Expert | Windows 10 Pro (64-Bit) | Dell Precision 7720

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I don't see any such icons in Win8.1 neither in XY nor in Explorer. Maybe they removed them?

Zardoz2293

Post by Zardoz2293 »

admin wrote:I don't see any such icons in Win8.1 neither in XY nor in Explorer. Maybe they removed them?
I'm using W7 Ultimate (64-Bit). You can see in the images below, the LV is showing the 'shared' icon overlay and that same folder the TV doesn't have the 'shared' icon overlay. I'd expect they would be the 'same' icon. I don't know how other people use XY. My primary focus on folders is from the TV perspective; meaning that the probability of identifying the 'shared' folder is very low with only the LV icon, if it was reversed it seems to me that the utility would be significantly higher. Regardless the desired outcome would be both the TV and LV showing identical icons for the same folder displayed. I'm not sure if there ever would be exceptions... I guess there is no way to identify 'shared' folders in XY (as in an automated method). I suspect you could always write some code for when a share is created you add to the favorites. Although this method would never allow you to find the existing shares. I was looking at the Color Filters and I don't see a way to 'colorize' generic shares (as in anything folder which is shared).
Tree View (no Shared Icon Overlay)
Tree View (no Shared Icon Overlay)
424.png (1.74 KiB) Viewed 1108 times
List View (Shared Overlay Icon)
List View (Shared Overlay Icon)
425.png (1.88 KiB) Viewed 1108 times

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Got it, it was a bug! Next beta will show it (BTW, independently of Configuration | Refresh, Icons, History | Icons | Show icon overlays).