What's the opposite of the "loadsearch" scripting command?

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
aliteralmind

What's the opposite of the "loadsearch" scripting command?

Post by aliteralmind »

I see the "loadsearch" scripting command, but don't see it's opposite, to unload a search.

If you click on a "Run combined search" catalog, it activates a search, but I don't see any way to close it, except to right click in the pane, and click "Remove Search".

I also don't understand why, when no sub-items (under the "Run combined search" catalag category) are checked, that, when you actually run the search, it's an *empty* search:

Code: Select all

Quick search: ""
I wish this just wouldn't run a search!

So: How do you unload a quick search via scripting? And how can you avoid doing a pointless search...aside from not clicking on the "run search".

Windows 8.1, 64-bit

admin
Site Admin

Re: What's the opposite of the "loadsearch" scripting comman

Post by admin »

Welcome to the club!

1) Agreed, that behavior does not make much sense. I will change it in the next beta.

2) This line will remove any search:

Code: Select all

goto;
Don

aliteralmind

Post by aliteralmind »

Excellent. Thank you.

How long does it usually take betas to reach release status?

I discovered and installed XYplorer yesterday morning, combed through every release-notes web page on your site, and purchased a lifetime license last night.

Really impressed.
Windows 8.1, 64-bit

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Some 2-3 weeks. But the betas are usually okay for testing and even using. I'll upload the next one within some minutes.
aliteralmind wrote:... combed through every release-notes web page on your site, and purchased a lifetime license last night.

Really impressed.
Me too. :)

Borut

Post by Borut »

aliteralmind wrote:How long does it usually take betas to reach release status?
As Don already mentioned, you can safely use betas. But still, you might want to hear it from a user: I am updating my portable version every day (well, not so when Don is on holiday). In a few years I deliberately waited a few days with a beta upgrade maybe only once or twice. Also, only once, maybe twice, I had a real need to downgrade to previous beta version, never with any consequences.

Read a bit about user buttons and scripts and consider using Marco's SimpleUpdater script for updating.
Win 10 Pro 64bit

aliteralmind

Post by aliteralmind »

Thanks for the tip. Will be reading that tonight!
Windows 8.1, 64-bit

bdeshi

Post by bdeshi »

Beta versions are generally very stable. Most often, any changes introduced in newest betas only add new features and/or are only relevant to powerusers/scripters and the likes; general usage of XYplorer remains the same (mostly). (just read the release notes for the latest few betas: http://www.xyplorer.com/xyfc/viewtopic.php?f=1&p=114610)
Besides, think about the joy of tasting testing revolutionary new features before they're officially available! :ugeek:
Icon Names | Onyx | Undocumented Commands | xypcre
[ this user is asleep ]