Unable to display thumbnail for DNG image file

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
jacksonmacd

Unable to display thumbnail for DNG image file

Post by jacksonmacd »

Running XY 14.60 on Windows 8.1 64-bit. Had been completely unable to display DNG files, then I downloaded and installed DNGCodec_2_0_Installer.exe from Adobe.com. Afterwards, the DNGs are viewable as thumbnails in Windows Explorer. DNGs were converted from Nikon NEF files (Nikon D7000) using Adobe Lightroom 5.3.

When I attempt to view the DNG files as thumbnails in XY, it simply displays a generic icon for the associated file viewer. If I uncheck "Enable shell thumbnails" in the Configuration dialog, then the generic icon is replaced with a text message "Bad image". Simultaneously, a message appears on the XY status bar stating that 50 thumbs have been created or updated. (There are actually 55 files in the folder, but only 50 "placemarkers" are visible on the screen.)

Any ideas how I can display the thumbnails properly in XY?

admin
Site Admin

Re: Unable to display thumbnail for DNG image file

Post by admin »

http://www.xyplorer.com/faq-topic.php?id=RAWpreview

I recommend FastPictureViewer Codec Pack.

jacksonmacd

Re: Unable to display thumbnail for DNG image file

Post by jacksonmacd »

Much as I like free solutions, they simply do not work in this situation. Tried every one I could find, without success. Downloaded and installed the trial version of FastpictureViewer, and it worked immediately. Have just purchased a full licence. Thanks for the help.

And thanks very much for continued development of XYplorer. The lifetime licence is probably the best bargain software that I've ever purchased. The depth of XYplorer continues to astound me with every update that you release.