Queuing movie files in Windows Media Player

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
CitizenD

Queuing movie files in Windows Media Player

Post by CitizenD »

Hi all,

I'm not sure if this is a case of me not setting an option properly, or a possible bug, but when selecting multiple movie files in XYplorer and hitting the ENTER key, only one of the files queues in Windows Media Player (WMP). Doing the same in windows explorer sends all the video files to WMP queued ready to play.

In XYplorer when right clicking on the selected group and choosing "Play", then it does queue the files as expected.

Strange thing is I also tried this with a group of mp3 files and they were all sent to my default player, Winamp, on hitting ENTER.

Is this just a problem with WMP?

Cheers,

D

j_c_hallgren
XY Blog Master

Post by j_c_hallgren »

Hi and welcome to the world of XY!

What you're trying to do is something I personally don't use XY to do, but I did find this prior thread that may relate somewhat:
http://www.xyplorer.com/xyfc/viewtopic.php?t=1014
I'm sure one of the other regulars here will chime in with a better reply, but wanted to give you the courtesy of a prompt reply at least.
Still spending WAY TOO much time here! But it's such a pleasure helping XY be a treasure!
(XP on laptop with touchpad and thus NO mouse!) Using latest beta vers when possible.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Queuing movie files in Windows Media Player

Post by admin »

ENTER in XYplorer will "open" the selected files.
ENTER in Explorer will choose the context menu's default command which is "Play" in your case.
For some file types "open" is different from "play" as you experienced.

:idea: I might add an optional parameter to XY's internal File Associations allowing you to choose your preferred action on ENTER. Hmmm...

CitizenD

Post by CitizenD »

Thanks for the prompt response.

As is mentioned in the thread "Find files and folders" here, wouldn't it be best for XYplorer to emulate WE for basic functionality such as this i.e. hitting ENTER on a bunch of selected files should perform the context menu default command rather than an XYplorer determined "open"? Or at least have this as the default action, with the option to change if wanted.

Cheers,

D

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

CitizenD wrote:As is mentioned in the thread "Find files and folders" here, wouldn't it be best for XYplorer to emulate WE for basic functionality such as this i.e. hitting ENTER on a bunch of selected files should perform the context menu default command rather than an XYplorer determined "open"?
Yes. I'll see what's possible here...