Icons? (and general advice)

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
JDługosz

Icons? (and general advice)

Post by JDługosz »

I'm adding a button after the drive letters for a network server that is logically the same kind of thing but doesn't have a letter. I added User Button #1, and for its icon “state any existing file or folder, and its icon will be used for the button” so I entered

Code: Select all

\\Oort\
which is where I want it to go: a view of the shares on this server.

Rather than a recognizable network drive icon, I got the "my computer" icon. Hmm, looking at Explorer for reference, I see that it uses this icon for network servers, which isn't meaningful. Happily, in XYplorer I can use any icon I want, at least for the toolbar button and catalog entries. So, what icons are available as built-in or readily available as used for other items? Is there a list somewhere in the help or on a web page?

I think it should look like the HDDs for local drives, but with the green pipe attached, matching the network folder icon. I suppose the letters must be part of the icon for the drive letters in the toolbar, since I'm generally not showing labels. But there ought to be an exception for this kind of thing, to have a textual overlay, just like “G:” is overprinted on the HDD icon to distinguish it from the row of others just like it.

Now, aside from the eye candy, how can I configure it to behave as fully-featured (or otherwise most feature-packed and useful) as the drive icons?

Actually, how do I get it to work at all? “go to \\oort\” gives a syntax error, so the Example that the Smart Dropdown Button equals that conventional script is bogus.

NB: The help file reads,
==Smart Dropdown Buttons ==
It must not be scripts. ⋯

I think it is indicating that you can use a list of plain file or path names instead of a script, right? The use of “must not” actually indicates exclusion, not something more in addition.