Promotion blurb needed

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
admin
Site Admin

Promotion blurb needed

Post by admin »

Okay, I started paying for publicity. XYplorer is ready for world domination, and the world shall know! 8)

Today I submitted XY for "Highlight of the Week" located near to the top of this page: http://www.snapfiles.com/
It is not yet visible. What I still need is a sentence of max 122 characters that describes and promotes XYplorer in an unresistable way! :) Tough job, especially if you are so close to the product as I am. Believe me, I dream of XY every night.

If any of you has a snappy idea how to squeeze the greatness of XYplorer into 122 characters, let's hear it, brothers and sisters! :D

j_c_hallgren
XY Blog Master

Post by j_c_hallgren »

Need something in there about "new features weekly" or similar...to show that product is not just static for months as others are...
Still spending WAY TOO much time here! But it's such a pleasure helping XY be a treasure!
(XP on laptop with touchpad and thus NO mouse!) Using latest beta vers when possible.

lukescammell

Post by lukescammell »

"A developer so close to the product that he dreams of ways to improve XY every night."

:lol:
Used to update to the latest beta every day. Now I have children instead…
Windows 10 Pro x64 (everywhere except phone…)

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

j_c_hallgren wrote:Need something in there about "new features weekly" or similar...to show that product is not just static for months as others are...
But that conveys unfinishedness as well.

I'm working on something more-into-the-face and am playing with Zaine's phrase:

"Raw power meets creative efficiency meets full carry-around-ability. XYplorer is the Zen of file management."

"XYplorer’s combination of raw power and creative efficiency screams German. XYplorer is a power user’s paradise."

"XYplorer’s combination of raw power and creative efficiency screams German. Enter the power user’s paradise!"

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

lukescammell wrote:"A developer so close to the product that he dreams of ways to improve XY every night."
:lol:
This night I dreamt of Outlook dropping. Got my mail?

lukescammell

Post by lukescammell »

Sure have, as soon as I have a minute I'll give it a try...

Just be careful not to go over the top with marketing speak. I and a lot of other people HATE OTT marketing speak :/

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

lukescammell wrote:Sure have, as soon as I have a minute I'll give it a try...

Just be careful not to go over the top with marketing speak. I and a lot of other people HATE OTT marketing speak :/
OTT?? :?

surrender

Post by surrender »

OTT= Over the top

lukescammell

Post by lukescammell »

Example of OTT Marketing Speak --> http://www.killernic.com/

DongGook Park

A suggestion for the blurb

Post by DongGook Park »

My suggestion for the marketing blurb:

If you're critical about "how" rather than "what", then XYplorer is for you.

I think that a good software helps its users do something in smart ways (e.g., quickly and easily and with fun). But, unfortunately, most softwares just focus on the individual features.

I found that XYplorer is rarely good and right in this regard! It seems like that other competing tools are one-dimensional (i.e., only focuses on "what"), while XYplore is two-dimensional (i.e., focuses on both "what" and "how").

j_c_hallgren
XY Blog Master

Re: A suggestion for the blurb

Post by j_c_hallgren »

DongGook Park wrote:I found that XYplorer is rarely good and right in this regard!
What this says and what, I think, it actually means are likely two opposite extremes..."rarely good" basically says that XY is good only on rare occasions...which I don't feel was the intent...but what, I believe, was meant was that XY was unusual in how good it is compared to other products...

I'll be first to admit that English is a difficult language to master! Even natives here, like me, have problems at times! :roll: So for our foreign users, I try to help when I can....
Still spending WAY TOO much time here! But it's such a pleasure helping XY be a treasure!
(XP on laptop with touchpad and thus NO mouse!) Using latest beta vers when possible.

DongGook Park

Post by DongGook Park »

Thanks for your correction for my poor English. What I meant was not "rarely" but "exceptionally".

Frankly speaking, it was a direct translation of a Korean adverb. :oops: In Korean, it's perfect, but does mean the opposite in English! :?

So what I really meant was that very rarely we can find such a good software like XYplorer.