autoHelp_XYplorer.cmd ???

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
admin
Site Admin

autoHelp_XYplorer.cmd ???

Post by admin »

Does anybody know by any chance what this is about??
http://www.911cd.net/forums//index.php?showtopic=17050

:?

RalphM

Post by RalphM »

Nope, and didn't get any brighter by reading those forum posts either.
Ralph :)
(OS: W11 22H2 Home x64 - XY: Current beta - Office 2019 32-bit - Display: 1920x1080 @ 125%)

j_c_hallgren
XY Blog Master

Post by j_c_hallgren »

I recall hearing about that Bart PE thingy a while ago...I recall it was a way to either create a bootable CD with all your apps ready to run -or- create a CD that would reinstall Windows and your apps with all updates applied, so you wouldn't have to re-download everything...not sure which...but there are numerous references to bootable CD and slipstreamed CD there...
Still spending WAY TOO much time here! But it's such a pleasure helping XY be a treasure!
(XP on laptop with touchpad and thus NO mouse!) Using latest beta vers when possible.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

j_c_hallgren wrote:I recall hearing about that Bart PE thingy a while ago...I recall it was a way to either create a bootable CD with all your apps ready to run -or- create a CD that would reinstall Windows and your apps with all updates applied, so you wouldn't have to re-download everything...not sure which...but there are numerous references to bootable CD and slipstreamed CD there...
Yep, sounds good. So I guess I don't have to unleash my lawyers on them.

jacky
XYwiki Master

Post by jacky »

Yeah I think Bart PE allows one to create a bootable Windows CD (also works on USB devices I beleive) that will actually have Windows start up & ready to use, so one can have its favorites app and work on a PC even when the OS on that PC isn't booting anymore, etc.

But to be able to use your favorites apps, you may need some "plugin" so they can work within this "special" Windows, this plugin might just be something like that, get XY ready to work on your Bootable Windows CD
Proud XYplorer Fanatic

j_c_hallgren
XY Blog Master

Post by j_c_hallgren »

I thought I remember seeing a segment on DL.TV webcast or hearing about Bart in a podcast...and reading the script, it seems like it just automates the download and install...and allows for input of user key...so nothing that would concern me...

From another website:
What is BartPE and PE Builder?

Bart's PE Builder helps you build a "BartPE" (Bart Preinstalled Environment) bootable Windows CD-Rom or DVD from the original Windows XP or Windows Server 2003 installation/setup CD, very suitable for PC maintenance tasks.

It will give you a complete Win32 environment with network support, a graphical user interface (800x600) and FAT/NTFS/CDFS filesystem support. Very handy for burn-in testing systems with no OS, rescuing files to a network share, virus scan and so on.
This will replace any Dos bootdisk in no time!
And from a msg post on another site:
This is an awesome program, who would think you could boot windows xp from a cd, and then be able to run customized programs, that execute directly from the cd.
Still spending WAY TOO much time here! But it's such a pleasure helping XY be a treasure!
(XP on laptop with touchpad and thus NO mouse!) Using latest beta vers when possible.