How to run classic directory dump report via a script?

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
zer0

How to run classic directory dump report via a script?

Post by zer0 »

Does anyone happen to know if/how it is possible to run a classic directory dump report of a location using a script? And, if yes, how? report() does not seem to have switches for different types of reports available via Info Panel's report tab. I know that I can do it manually but, with a number of external HDDs, automation of this process would be welcome. Thank you in advance :)
Reporting a bug? Have a wish? Got a question? Use search - View roadmap - FAQs: Forum + XY site
Windows 7/10
Always using the latest stable two-decimal build

Stefan

Re: How to run classic directory dump report via a script?

Post by Stefan »

I am thinking you are locking for folderreport( dump: [Default] Classic directory dump. )

Code: Select all

folderreport()
Creates a report on a folder.

Syntax
folderreport([type=dump], [target=clipboard], [folder], [flags], [outputfile], [separator])

type Type of report, one of the following:
dump: [Default] Classic directory dump.
bcsv: Basic info to CSV.
ecsv: Extended info to CSV.
tree[:template]: Tree structure only. (see Remarks)
dirs[:template]: List of subfolders (like a flat Tree). (see Remarks)
dirsrel: List of subfolders relative to current folder.
files[:template]: List of files in current folder (absolute paths). (see Remarks)
filesrel: List of files in current folder (relative paths).
items[:template]: List of items in current folder (absolute paths). (see Remarks)
itemsrel: List of items in current folder (relative paths).
list: The current list contents. 

zer0

Re: How to run classic directory dump report via a script?

Post by zer0 »

Thanks Stefan. I guess I was expecting folderreport()'s functionality to come under report(), since it is a type of a report and did not notice that it was separate.
Reporting a bug? Have a wish? Got a question? Use search - View roadmap - FAQs: Forum + XY site
Windows 7/10
Always using the latest stable two-decimal build