can i open all the videos with vlc?

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
giuliastar

can i open all the videos with vlc?

Post by giuliastar »

Hi
i would like to customize files association only for xyplorer
i mean i want to keep windows video files association (in short keep to open with media player)
but i would like to open video files inside xyplorer with vlc

i guess i can do it , right?
in the preference there is no option
but under tools customize files association

how can i add all the video files and open with a 2 click inside xyplorer with vlc?

thanks

ale

Re: can i open all the videos with vlc?

Post by ale »

You can use the portable associations feature, Tools... > Customize File Associations

Specify a new entry that looks like this example

Code: Select all

mpeg;avi;wmv>C:\path\to\vlc.exe
Mpeg, avi and so on are all the extensions you would like to be played by VLC, separate them with a semicolon,
then there is a greater than sign and finally a full path to the vlc.exe executable (adjust to reflect your own system).
This is a pretty basic example, the syntax is more flexible (and complex) and it's fully explained in the manual

giuliastar

Post by giuliastar »

ale wrote:You can use the portable associations feature, Tools... > Customize File Associations

Specify a new entry that looks like this example

Code: Select all

mpeg;avi;wmv>C:\path\to\vlc.exe
Mpeg, avi and so on are all the extensions you would like to be played by VLC, separate them with a semicolon,
then there is a greater than sign and finally a full path to the vlc.exe executable (adjust to reflect your own system).
This is a pretty basic example, the syntax is more flexible (and complex) and it's fully explained in the manual
yes thanks
but xyplorer can find video files or filter without add manually video extensions
so i thought could be a way to add a macro command like video>C:\...\vlc.exe

binocular222

Post by binocular222 »

There's no such macro. But I have a fairly comprehensive list of file extension:
Video:
3g2;3gp;3gp2;3gpp;amr;asf;avi;bik;d2v;divx;drc;dsa;dsm;dss;dsv;flc;fli;flic;flv;ifo;ivf;m1v;m2v;m4b;m4p;m4v;mkv;mp2v;mp4;mpe;mpeg;mpg;mpv2;mov;ogm;pss;pva;qt;ram;ratdvd;rm;rmm;rmvb;roq;rpm;smk;swf;tp;tpr;ts;vob;vp6;wm;wmp;wmv;webm;mts;f4v;m2ts;mod

Image:
ani;bmp;gif;ico;jpe;jpeg;jpg;pcx;png;psd;tga;tif;tiff;wmf

Document:
mdb;c;chm;cpp;doc;docm;docx;dot;dotm;dotx;h;hpp;pdf;potx;potm;ppam;ppsm;ppsx;pps;ppt;pptm;pptx;rtf;sldm;sldx;thmx;vsd;wpd;wps;wri;xlam;xls;xlsb;xlsm;xlsx;xltm;xltx

Text:
hk;vbs;txt;ini;nfo;key;reg;xys;sfv

Exe:
bat;cmd;exe;msi;scr;msu

Audio:
aac;ac3;aif;aifc;aiff;au;cda;dts;fla;flac;gym;it;m1a;m2a;m4a;mid;midi;mka;mod;mp2;mp3;mpa;ogg;ra;spc;rmi;snd;umx;vgm;vgz;voc;wav;wma;xm;ape;ogm;amr

Internet:
h;hpp;htm;html;java;js;lua;mht;mhtml;xml

VirtualCD:
iso;bin;nrg;daa;cdi;cue;ccd;mds;mdf;img;isz
I'm a casual coder using AHK language. All of my xys scripts:
http://www.xyplorer.com/xyfc/viewtopic. ... 243#p82488

giuliastar

Post by giuliastar »

binocular222 wrote:There's no such macro. But I have a fairly comprehensive list of file extension:
Video:
3g2;3gp;3gp2;3gpp;amr;asf;avi;bik;d2v;divx;drc;dsa;dsm;dss;dsv;flc;fli;flic;flv;ifo;ivf;m1v;m2v;m4b;m4p;m4v;mkv;mp2v;mp4;mpe;mpeg;mpg;mpv2;mov;ogm;pss;pva;qt;ram;ratdvd;rm;rmm;rmvb;roq;rpm;smk;swf;tp;tpr;ts;vob;vp6;wm;wmp;wmv;webm;mts;f4v;m2ts;mod

Image:
ani;bmp;gif;ico;jpe;jpeg;jpg;pcx;png;psd;tga;tif;tiff;wmf

Document:
mdb;c;chm;cpp;doc;docm;docx;dot;dotm;dotx;h;hpp;pdf;potx;potm;ppam;ppsm;ppsx;pps;ppt;pptm;pptx;rtf;sldm;sldx;thmx;vsd;wpd;wps;wri;xlam;xls;xlsb;xlsm;xlsx;xltm;xltx

Text:
hk;vbs;txt;ini;nfo;key;reg;xys;sfv

Exe:
bat;cmd;exe;msi;scr;msu

Audio:
aac;ac3;aif;aifc;aiff;au;cda;dts;fla;flac;gym;it;m1a;m2a;m4a;mid;midi;mka;mod;mp2;mp3;mpa;ogg;ra;spc;rmi;snd;umx;vgm;vgz;voc;wav;wma;xm;ape;ogm;amr

Internet:
h;hpp;htm;html;java;js;lua;mht;mhtml;xml

VirtualCD:
iso;bin;nrg;daa;cdi;cue;ccd;mds;mdf;img;isz
super!
thanks a lot