Too Slow to display the output of the 'Computer' button

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
aimy

Re: Too Slow to display the output of the 'Computer' button

Post by aimy »

If I install a new XYplorer, how do I backup the existing toolbar buttons, column layout and the likes?

Thank you.

Stef123

Post by Stef123 »

Files > Settings Special > Backup Application Data Folder

To selectively restore your stuff - check the contents of that backup: ks.dat = key shortcuts, fvs.dat = folder view settings etc. Some features have their own subfolders (Columns = column layouts)
aimy wrote:how do I backup the existing toolbar buttons
That's the tricky one. Backup is easy, see above.
But I don't now how to load it back in - it seems tied into the ini-files - which means you also restore the status of whatever else you might have messed up - in case you're trying to rebuild your XY (coincidentally I am doing this right now)

Maybe someone else can help us out?

aimy

Post by aimy »

Stef123 wrote:Files > Settings Special > Backup Application Data Folder

To selectively restore your stuff - check the contents of that backup: ks.dat = key shortcuts, fvs.dat = folder view settings etc. Some features have their own subfolders (Columns = column layouts)
aimy wrote:how do I backup the existing toolbar buttons
That's the tricky one. Backup is easy, see above.
But I don't now how to load it back in - it seems tied into the ini-files - which means you also restore the status of whatever else you might have messed up - in case you're trying to rebuild your XY (coincidentally I am doing this right now)

Maybe someone else can help us out?
Thanks Stef.

But I thought, the restoration is simply overwrite the Data folder with the one that we have backed up, isn't it?

Thank you.

Stef123

Post by Stef123 »

Yes, of course.
Sorry if I caused confusion - guess I was making assumptions based on my own situation. I thought the reason for your fresh install were the same as mine - backtracking step by step at what point something goes wrong.