Project XYplorer on Linux: 15/03 New Video!

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
nerdweed

Re: Project XYplorer on Linux: 15/03 New Video!

Post by nerdweed »

Actually, a helper script will be required anyways to translate windows path to linux path. I think if the helper script is an XYS script, I can save myself from passing <selitems> in each call and use the variable directly in the script. This may be a better approach.

Edit: I think xyplorer script can't get arguments. So the helper script is best placed outside of XY

Edit2: Found a way. Create a way called Main.xys with below contents

Code: Select all

eval();

function Opener($app)
{
	$items = replace(replace("<selitems>", "Z:", ""),"\","/");
	run "$app $items";
}
Next, changed the PFA to

|"Mover|<xy>" *;\>::load "Main"; Opener("/usr/bin/python /data/code/projects/filer/filer.py");
So, each new PFA will have to change the param to opener.

freecicero

Post by freecicero »

I am posting here because this appears to be the main linux thread.

I am continuing to find XYPlorer valuable in Linux, even though not all of its features are working.

Has anyone who also uses Linux had any success with getting the preview panel to work decently? It works well enough for graphics (png,jpg, etc.) but not at all for PDF, DOC/DOCX, XLS, or any kind of multimedia.

If anyone has had any success with that and has any tips please let me know. I am using XYPLORER in crossover using a Windows7 bottle, but I am willing to try Crossover or Wine in any configuration if anyone has had any success.

Thanks

Meldiesal

Post by Meldiesal »

I haven't seen it mentioned, but the error message on startup may be related to PortableDeviceApi.dll

Running the Wine command "wine XYplorer.exe > log.txt 2>&1" gives the following information:

0024:err:ole:com_get_class_object class {0af10cec-2ecd-4b92-9581-34f6ae0637f3} not registered
0024:err:ole:create_server class {0af10cec-2ecd-4b92-9581-34f6ae0637f3} not registered
0024:err:ole:com_get_class_object no class object {0af10cec-2ecd-4b92-9581-34f6ae0637f3} could be created for context Ox5
0024:err:shell:SHGetFileInfoW pidl is null!
wine: Read access denied for device L"\\??\\Z:\\", FS volume label and serial are not available.
Examining the registry, 0af10cec-2ecd-4b92-9581-34f6ae0637f3 points to C:\Windows\System32\PortableDeviceApi.dll
Unfortunately there doesn't appear to be a DLL replacement available in Winetricks at this time.