Transferring Files in Windows

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
admin
Site Admin

Transferring Files in Windows

Post by admin »

Let's get scientific, means: think deeper, act higher (haha). I found this interesting article today:
http://quickkeydotnet.sourceforge.net/filetransfer.html

j_c_hallgren
XY Blog Master

Post by j_c_hallgren »

Ok...so I read the article...seems that good ole DOS XCOPY does things better than new fancy GUI's maybe?
Anyway, one thing I saw that might be applicable to XY was the idea of a simulation run for a copy...my favorite backup utility (SyncBack) allows one to do so, thus finding most potential problems...but when one does copy via drag-drop, simulation is likely impossible...but maybe some sort of a quick space available check could occur, if not already done?
Still spending WAY TOO much time here! But it's such a pleasure helping XY be a treasure!
(XP on laptop with touchpad and thus NO mouse!) Using latest beta vers when possible.

jacky
XYwiki Master

Post by jacky »

Yes, nothing new in the fact that the whole copy/move thing in Windows sucks. Actually, just yesterday I was ragging about how it sucks again, I just hate it! :evil: It's lame, slow, ...

I normally use SuperCopier to handle thoose operations, but it is quite buggy aswell unfortunately, and with it many cool XY features don't work (no select on paste, Copy Here As & other features don't work cause SC creates a folder with the supposed new filename, etc :?)

So to answer another question asked somewhere else: even though there's some other features I know I'll love, like Catalog alias, etc, the feature I need/want the most in XY would be, for me, to have XY handle the move/copy operations itself; with a good, smart, fast handling, error report, etc
Proud XYplorer Fanatic