Previewing .eml and .msg files

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
lukescammell

Previewing .eml and .msg files

Post by lukescammell »

So anyway, Don added the ability to preview .eml and .msg files, but whenever I click on one of those files I get the usual "Do you want to pen or save this file?" popup box. Obviously, I don't want any of these, and I can set this behavior somewhere, but where?

If someone could point me in the right direction, that would be great ;)

Thanks.
Used to update to the latest beta every day. Now I have children instead…
Windows 10 Pro x64 (everywhere except phone…)

admin
Site Admin

Re: Previewing .eml and .msg files

Post by admin »

lukescammell wrote:So anyway, Don added the ability to preview .eml and .msg files, but whenever I click on one of those files I get the usual "Do you want to pen or save this file?" popup box. Obviously, I don't want any of these, and I can set this behavior somewhere, but where?

If someone could point me in the right direction, that would be great ;)
Did you find a solution to this in the meantime?

(I did not have to do anything here; it just worked)

lukescammell

Post by lukescammell »

Afraid not.

I went to open a .msg file with IE7 as the popup window I was getting looked like one of the ones you get when you try and run a file from IE... anyway, I got the same popup and ticked the "do this everytime" or whatever it's called and selected "Open". From IE this opened the .msg file in a normal Outlook window, so now, when I have Preview on in XY and select (keyb or mouse) a .msg file, it automatically opens it in a new Outlook window.

Kinda strange huh?

I wonder if this is a difference between .eml and .msg?

/me goes and tries it on a few .eml files he's saved from TBird (incidentally, I get the old "can't drop text" when I try and drag&drop an email from TBird, this is strange as I can't drag&drop emails from TBird into WE at all anyway...).

Edit: .eml files saved from TBird work just fine with the preview, this must be an Outlook thing...
Used to update to the latest beta every day. Now I have children instead…
Windows 10 Pro x64 (everywhere except phone…)