Tree Tip and query using Catalog to open multiple files

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
printedtopsntees

Tree Tip and query using Catalog to open multiple files

Post by printedtopsntees »

Tip

I was going to raise this as a query and thought I'd check it out to get my facts right, and as you do, when doing something with it rather than shouting at it I found out the problem.

My Mini Tree was truncating on occassion even though I have "Lock Tree" enabled and I was having to reinstate the Tree whenever this happened. It turns out I was double clicking on the Tree and it was truncating to that point and if you double click again at the same point the Tree comes back.

So the problem was a faulty user. :oops:

Query

I use the Catalog to open any highlighted files in a nominated program (Illustrator). The Files are sorted by name in XYPlorer. Say I have 5 files A, B, C, D, E. If I Select All (Ctl+A) then they open (left to right in the Illustrator Tabs) A B C D E. If I left click A to select it, hold Shift down and left click E which selects all the files then they open in the tabs as E A B C D. If I left click E to select it, hold Shift down and left click A which selects all the files then they open in the tabs as A B C D E.

Has anybody any ideas about this discrepency? It's not a biggie I'm just curious.

Thanks

ps
My Nexus 4 phone doesn't show up in XYP and I have to use Windows Explorer. I know a fix is on the cards but can I just say how lost I feel with virtually no control over anything when I have to use it.

armsys

Re: Tree Tip and query using Catalog to open multiple files

Post by armsys »

printedtopsntees wrote:Tip
I was going to raise this as a query and thought I'd check it out to get my facts right, and as you do, when doing something with it rather than shouting at it I found out the problem.
My Mini Tree was truncating on occassion even though I have "Lock Tree" enabled and I was having to reinstate the Tree whenever this happened. It turns out I was double clicking on the Tree and it was truncating to that point and if you double click again at the same point the Tree comes back.
Do you believe in "a picture worth a thousand words"? :blackstorm:
Thanks for your kind understanding. :mrgreen:

TheQwerty

Re: Tree Tip and query using Catalog to open multiple files

Post by TheQwerty »

printedtopsntees wrote:Query

I use the Catalog to open any highlighted files in a nominated program (Illustrator). The Files are sorted by name in XYPlorer. Say I have 5 files A, B, C, D, E. If I Select All (Ctl+A) then they open (left to right in the Illustrator Tabs) A B C D E. If I left click A to select it, hold Shift down and left click E which selects all the files then they open in the tabs as E A B C D. If I left click E to select it, hold Shift down and left click A which selects all the files then they open in the tabs as A B C D E.

Has anybody any ideas about this discrepency? It's not a biggie I'm just curious.
I believe this is related to which item is focused. XY always tries to pass the current item, the one which is focused AND selected, first before any other items in the selection.

The focused item is the one with the dotted rectangle around its name.
To make it easier to spot, you can enable Tools > Customize List > Highlight Focused Item.