Address Bar / Breadcrumb Combo ??

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
Evolve

Re: Address Bar / Breadcrumb Combo ??

Post by Evolve »

Actually this is a self-convincing statement in a way. The fact that a large amount of users want this in and of itself proves that it should probably be done. Even if it were irrational which I don't believe it to be. This is not even about vertical space efficiency. It's all about duplication and producing new entities for no good reason. Lets start from the opposite position. What's the reason for having the second bar which is an editable mode for the first one? Isn't it better to just have it switching to the editable mode when need be?

XY fan

Re: Address Bar / Breadcrumb Combo ??

Post by XY fan »

noembryo wrote: 13 Apr 2022 22:09
keyhitwuzzy wrote: 15 Jul 2016 04:16 Since I only use 1-tab ever, it is really a waste of space for me to have essentially 2 address bars: one address bar and one breadcrumb bar.
Agree.. It is a waste of space..
But since this is XYplorer we talking about here (and there is an option for everything), I just hide the Address Bar.. ;o)
I only miss it when I want to paste an address there, but I can paste it anywhere in the list and it just works..
Agree -you can hide the Address Bar if you don't want it. I find it to be a useful visual 'spacer' between the Breadcrumb Bar and Toolbar.