Combine Sort of Columns

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
jaywalker32

Combine Sort of Columns

Post by jaywalker32 »

Is there a way to combine the sorting of columns? Like "Sort by column 1 THEN by column 2" ?

I'm trying to do a duplicate file search between two folder (Primary and Secondary, each containing subfolders). But the search results can only be sorted by EITHER the duplicate column OR another column (Path, in my case).

I want to sort by the duplicate column (to group the duplicates together) THEN by the Path column so that I can use "select non-first item" and delete, so that I am only deleting from the secondary folder. As it is now, as soon as I sort by the Duplicate column, the Path column gets randomized so that sometimes it's the Primary at the top and sometimes it's the Secondary.

Is there a way to export the duplicate results to text? That way I can do some scripting to delete from only from the secondary?

highend

Re: Combine Sort of Columns

Post by highend »

SHIFT-click the column header for a secondary sort?

Report tab, Current List, [x] Column headers => To <choose one>?
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

jaywalker32

Post by jaywalker32 »

Thanks. That solved it.

vincolus

Post by vincolus »

Hi there, I want to chime in because this is my use-case aswell. Funny that it's only yesterday that this question was asked because today I was looking for the exact same thing.
First off, I love this file explorer and it's seemingly endless possibilities. However, sorting by only two columns is not enough for me :naughty: I would like to sort by duplicate-group, then by creation-date, then by modification date and then by path name.
I guess that's not possible right now, or is it? :eh:

highend

Post by highend »

Nope

vincolus

Post by vincolus »

highend wrote: 29 May 2022 10:42Nope
Too bad, but thanks for your answer anyways!
Now, I'm not too deep into xyplorer, but can't this be achieved using any of xyplorers functionality like scripting, custom columns or something like that?

highend

Post by highend »

No, there is only a first and a secondary sorting, scripting doesn't change that