File rename

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
hawaii

File rename

Post by hawaii »

Resizing original photos from my pixel to some more manageable on forums. I batch resize to (Large), but it appends (Large) to the file. I want to rename/remove (Large) from the new file name after arching the original photos.

E.G.

PXL_20220429_923514531 (Large).jpg to PXL_20220429_923514531.jpg

22 original characters in the original file, though I believe it could be greater than 22 at times. I just want to batch remove " (Large)" , "space(Large)"

highend

Re: File rename

Post by highend »

RegExp Rename...

[ ]?\(large\) > 

There is a space after the >!
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

hawaii

Post by hawaii »

Yes that worked. Thank you.

Is there a way I can add this command to the toolbar? I'd like the skip the right click and navigation. Just want to select the files and press a toolbar icon. Also will the command search within directories?

highend

Post by highend »

Add a user button to the toolbar and use #122;
in the "On left click:" field

That works only on selected items

hawaii

Post by hawaii »

Thank you. I was just looking at that and was looking up the code. Also had to enable scripting under configuration > other > features.

It would be nice to have hte ability to search selected directories for similar names. I created an entire catalog and moved the photos to their respective directory and had to manually go through each directory to change the names with the script. If not possible that's okay, the toolbar script will save time.

highend

Post by highend »

Just search for the files via the gui, ctrl+a, push the button...