Please Help- XY AWOL

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
TestMeister

Please Help- XY AWOL

Post by TestMeister »

I'm working this weekend on a project due Monday and as always, relying heavily on Xy.
It was working fine all day yesterday and when I started today (without a reboot), Xy shows in the task bar but not on the screen.
After closing it in the task bar, it is not visible in task manager.
I rebooted, same problem
I DLd the latest version and reinstalled, no help
Nothing in Event Viewer

highend

Re: Please Help- XY AWOL

Post by highend »

Rename your XY data folder?
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

TestMeister

Post by TestMeister »

No changes to the XY folders

WirlyWirly

Post by WirlyWirly »

Try downloading the portable version of xy and seeing if it runs.

If it does, you could migrate over to it by simply moving your xydata folder from appdata to the xy folder.

Here's the guide from the FAQ: How do I install portable XYplorer on a USB stick?

TestMeister

Post by TestMeister »

Thanks appreciate the suggestion but I will have to leave that until after Monday as II am buried with this project right now.

Here's a screen shot of what I see; it's almost like it is hidden somewhere
ScreenHunter 3675 (01).png
ScreenHunter 3675 (01).png (13.58 KiB) Viewed 968 times

jupe

Post by jupe »

Stupid question, but did you plug in an external monitor, or dock a laptop etc?

TestMeister

Post by TestMeister »

Yes I'm working with 3 monitors but XY is not on any screens

TestMeister

Post by TestMeister »

:oops: :oops:
I would like to tell you guys that I don't feel like an idiot...but I would be lying...thanks for making what turned out not to be a stupid question.

As I said, I have 3 monitors and have been working in this configuration for months, with XY always open, and always open on the main screen. The monitors are all external so the laptop monitor is never on.

I just disconnected all but the main external monitor and XY did not appear there.
I then enabled the laptop monitor and up in the left hand corner was a colorful something about 1" square.
I dragged it open to reveal XY.

I have no clue why Xy took a hike on me other than it decided I was too obtuse to hang around with anymore.

Thanks so much for the quick responses on a Saturday night!!
wd.gif
wd.gif (1.08 KiB) Viewed 957 times

TestMeister

Post by TestMeister »

unrelated forum use questions...

In my post above, how would I add spaces to push the bitmap more towards the center of the screen?
Is it possible to edit the name of the bitmap once it's uploaded?

jupe

Post by jupe »

Glad it is resolved, I only used that word because I didn't want to look my usual dimwitted self, and that was the only reason I used that word, I wasn't trying to imply anything, in hindsight I regret it, and be assured it was aimed at me, not you.

AFAIK the center tags in this particular BBcode forum are disabled, so alternatively you would need to wrap the img tags (not attachment!) in the pre tags and then prefix spaces for a similar effect. To rename the attachment image though you would need to rename on your PC first and then reupload & readd but that would be an attachment not an img so wouldn't support the above suggestion AFAIK.

TestMeister

Post by TestMeister »

Rest easy my friend, in no way was your wording offensive. In fact, I took it as an attempt to just cover yourself in case someone might think it too obvious to even mention which clearly, it wasn't :roll: .

>>rap the img tags (not attachment!) in the pre tags and then prefix spaces for a similar effect
Can you post an example of the syntax?

jupe

Post by jupe »

The only way I know of off the top of my head, is that the image will need to be uploaded to a url/external image hoster, so not by using the attachment button, by doing it that way the img can then be made centerish (depending on window size/screen res!!) by padding with spaces, eg.

an example in code:

Code: Select all

[Pre]                                                                 [img=https://www.xyplorer.com/img/xyplorer-32.png][/img][/Pre]