Type ahead find: I can't remember how I had it set up

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
elbitjusticiero

Type ahead find: I can't remember how I had it set up

Post by elbitjusticiero »

I had a catastrophic Windows 8.1 failure and I had to install Windows 10 and reinstall all my software, XYplorer included. I'm back on track on almost everthing, but a behaviour I relied on constantly has changed and for the life of me, I can't remember what setting I need to touch in order to get it back to how it was.

Before reinstalling, as I typed in the file list, it was progressively narrowed down to the files matching the criteria. with the matching part highlighted. For example, in a very long list of pictures, typing "gus" would result in showing only files named "Gustave K.jpg", "Angus Lehrmann.jpg", "Alfred Gustaffson.jpg", and so on. You get the idea.

How it works now: I type the characters and the file names are highlighted BUT no filter is applied, so I still see all the files, and have to manually scroll up and down in order to find the files I want. "Angus Lehrmann.jpg" and "Gustave K.jpg" will probably be very far apart so I'm guaranteed to miss one of them or get annoyed at the need to scroll.

This feature was a huge timesaver for me because it let me quickly find whatever I wanted. I can't find the way to make it work as before. The settings for "Type Ahead Find" don't seem to work for this, unless I'm missing something.

So... what am I missing?

Thanks in advance!

highend

Re: Type ahead find: I can't remember how I had it set up

Post by highend »

Configuration | Find and Filter | Filters & Type Ahead Find | Live Filter Box | [x] Highlight matches
Configuration | Find and Filter | Filters & Type Ahead Find | Type Ahead Find | [x] Redirect typing to Live Filter Box
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

elbitjusticiero

Re: Type ahead find: I can't remember how I had it set up

Post by elbitjusticiero »

THAT WAS IT!!!

For some reason I thought that redirecting my typing to the live filter box was the opposite of what I wanted, so I left it unchecked.

Thank you so much!