rename files

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
swan_x

rename files

Post by swan_x »

hi to everybody.
i have various file into one folder. i have copied to clipboard item names then i want copied this filename to another folder with same number of files and rename them.
from rename special it's possible batch rename or regex expression.
i need only copy name into clipboard and paste name from clipboard.
how to do this?

highend

Re: rename files

Post by highend »

And special rename has "Edit Item Names..."...
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

swan_x

Post by swan_x »

ok work. thank you.
and if i edit one user button which script i should use to copy file name to clipboard and paste to other files this filenames?
i want try copy and paste on automatic mode...

highend

Post by highend »

Lookup the rename command? As long as the destination items get selected only that one is required...
One of my scripts helped you out? Please donate via Paypal

jupe

Post by jupe »

Yet again you are asking a question you have already asked and been helped with.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=22665

swan_x

Post by swan_x »

oh yes, sorry... :whistle: I didn't remember that old discussion. the theme is the same. however a simple copy-paste file names for now does not exist. and that rule in the previous discussion only works if I have the same number of files in the different folders. but if I want to rename only a few files, that rule generates problems.

my ideal, in this case, would be to select some files, copy the name to the clipboard, and in the second folder select some files and make a paste, pasting the previously copied file name. this is done with Rename special - Edit Item names but this is not an automatic process. I would like a simple paste file name command. :roll:

swan_x

Post by swan_x »

this simple script solve my question at first post:

Code: Select all

rename "l", <clipboard>;