How to display the shortcut arrow graphic on shortcuts to folders?

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
o7blue

How to display the shortcut arrow graphic on shortcuts to folders?

Post by o7blue »

I'm having a hard time differentiating folders and folder shortcuts since the latter lacks any visual difference, apart from the .lnk in the name:
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (62.71 KiB) Viewed 705 times
I haven't altered my windows configuration beyond these settings, but I don't think they should matter in this case:
Untitled2.png
Untitled2.png (113.65 KiB) Viewed 705 times

jupe

Re: How to display the shortcut arrow graphic on shortcuts to folders?

Post by jupe »

Configuration | Preview | Thumbnails | Show file icon on thumbnail

o7blue

Post by o7blue »

This works, but it also adds icons to everything else with a preview (I don't need a file icon on images after all). Is it not possible to have a big fat arrow on all shortcuts like this (when there's nothing to preview):
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (6.6 KiB) Viewed 699 times
Or is this some windows-built-in thing?

jupe

Post by jupe »

You are in thumbnail mode, but if you want it to look similar to your last screenshot without an image shown on the thumbnail you can disable this:

Configuration | Preview | Thumbnails | Show folder thumbnails

Alternatively if your main aim is just to tell lnk apart from folders you could use a colorfilter to color the text caption.

o7blue

Post by o7blue »

Having these fancy folders with an image preview is something I definitely want (I wonder how many more ini exclusive tweaks like the gradient and border there are, I'm definitely glad I stumbled on it).

I'll go read up on colorfilters then, if I can color the names of shortcuts then I'll be able to tell them apart easily.

Well that was easier than expected, thanks for pointing colorfilters out since I haven't really needed them till now :biggrin: