How to use mini tree

Please check the FAQ (https://www.xyplorer.com/faq.php) before posting a question...
Posix

How to use mini tree

Post by Posix »

Hi, i wonder how to effectively use mini tree. I have been using XYplorer for 2 weeks and I can't get used to mini tree.
I used to Windows Explorer with favorites shortcuts for more than 15 years.
Do you have any tips? How do you use (mini) tree?

Posix

Re: How to use mini tree

Post by Posix »

ok :)

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Whoops. :)

Well, I find this hard to answer. I'm using the Mini Tree for more than 10 years non-stop and whenever I switch to the Maxi Tree (mostly for testing reasons) I feel like I'm in trouble. The Mini Tree is probably the best feature XYplorer has to offer, and up to now I thought this is immediately obvious to anybody using it. But why? :ninja:

Please, give it one more try. Maybe start with View | Mini Tree | Minimize Tree or View | Mini Tree | Mini Tree From Recent, read a bit in the Help file. If you still have no clue please come back here and I'll try to put the wonder into words...

Posix

Post by Posix »

I found catalogs as substitute for Windows Explorer favorites.
A little bit harder to set up. But once its setup... just want to let you know :)
EDIT: ok it's easy to use and even more powerful than i thought :D

RalphM

Post by RalphM »

You're aware that you can set favorite folders in XY as well (Favorites/Toggle Favorite Folder or simply Ctrl+B) and once you've set them you can easily access them by right-click in the tree white space. Further you can easily add a category in a catalog with all the current favorite folders in it.
Ralph :)
(OS: W11 22H2 Home x64 - XY: Current beta - Office 2019 32-bit - Display: 1920x1080 @ 125%)

Posix

Post by Posix »

Yes, actually I used this method until I discovered catalogs. But right click wasn't convenient for me

jupe

Post by jupe »

I know you sound happy with catalogs already, but if you have an aversion to right clicking did you ever try the Favorites Folders toolbar button which includes a drop down, and it's easy to add items to and from via the previously mentioned toggle feature, further you aren't limited to just being able to add folders to the list they can be scripts etc, virtually anything linkable.

Posix

Post by Posix »

I think I'll stick with catalogs for now. Its nice and quick. I don't like toolbar button, yet another extra click :D
Attachments
2017-10-28 18_43_16-Darkness - Microsoft Visual Studio.png
2017-10-28 18_43_16-Darkness - Microsoft Visual Studio.png (13.92 KiB) Viewed 2207 times