Fav files not really portable and some minor bugs

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
nerdweed

Fav files not really portable and some minor bugs

Post by nerdweed »

Hi Don,

I have noticed a few bugs (lurker had to post because it wasn't reported) -

1. Favorites files don't resolve the question mark for xydrive or the relative paths, even though they populate the icon properly.
Favfiles.png
Favfiles.png (6.48 KiB) Viewed 1198 times
2. I have disabled video files from being previewed, however shell automatically generates a thumbnail for few files and doesn't for some others. For the files where it doesn't, at times the thumbnail isn't cleared. It appears for me after selecting an avi file and then a mp4 file.
Preview.png
Preview.png (34.78 KiB) Viewed 1198 times
3. This one might not be a bug - but just preferences. Shouldn't the Ctrl-Backspace populate the breadcrumb on the mouse location. If I right click on the Recent Locations toolbar icon and click on Breadcrumb, it populates at mouse icon, but not with the keystroke.

4. The setting "Always keep right end of tab bar empty isn't respected". - Noticed with around 10 open tabs on DP on the right side pane. It takes around 11 on the left pane as the separator between the panes proves beneficial for the left pane.

5. Right Click on iconized tab doesn't populate the breadcrumb since it uses that for the tab menu. Can ctrl+right click be utilised here instead.

6. Ctrl+Right click and right click populate the same menu in the list. This can be utilised in some way.

Thanks for this wonderful software.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Fav files not really portable and some minor bugs

Post by admin »

Thanks!

Conc. 3.: I tend to agree with you. Any other opinions out there?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

1,2: fixed.

4: Yes, there is some point where the free space has to be given up to keep a minimal size for each tab.

3,5,6: These are rather wishes. Would need some discussion. Currently no time for it.

Marco

Post by Marco »

3. It's consistent with Hotlist behaviour: if you type Ctrl-H the popup opens at the top left corner of the window.
Tag Backup - SimpleUpdater - XYplorer Messenger - The Unofficial XYplorer Archive - Everything in XYplorer
Don sees all [cit. from viewtopic.php?p=124094#p124094]

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Marco wrote:3. It's consistent with Hotlist behaviour: if you type Ctrl-H the popup opens at the top left corner of the window.
Yep, and therefore it should stay as it is. When triggered by keys, it's not meant for the mouse.

nerdweed

Post by nerdweed »

Thanks Don - for fixing 1 and 2.

3. As I said its preferences. I was looking at it from an angle where I simulate a Ctrl+Backspace with an extra key on my mouse and would want it populate there. But again, I can't wish for the file menu to populate where my mouse icon is, when triggered through a KS :D

4. I understand that it would require to have scrolling tab bars.

6 - Just a thought. No hurry as even I don't know what I want.