A bug in thumbnails view

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
itsme28m

A bug in thumbnails view

Post by itsme28m »

When you go to thumbnails view, and u you click on a thumbnail, then the actual picture shows, but the file doesn't get selected. The file only gets selected when you click on the filename and not when you click on the thumbnail. So when you click on the thumbnail, you directly have the full picture to see. It would be better if the file just gets selected and you can see the properties, or the preview of the selected item.

An idea for the thumbnails: i think it would be much better if only the thumbnails would be made for the actual view of the screen, so when you have 1000 pictures, and you can see only 20 thumnails on the screen, that only those 20 thumbnails would be made as a thumbnail preview, and when you scroll down, that the following thumbnails that you see on the screen are being made. That way you could browse much faster trough your files, let's say that you search a picture of a house, you go to the directory with the pictures, press the "h" button to go to the h and then turn thumbnail view on, and only those that start with the h (and those are following, but only within the view of the screen) of house would be made ready to make a preview thumbnail of it.

When you have a directory full of pics, you have to wait till xyplorer is ready to make previews of whole the directory.

Greetings,

Steve

admin
Site Admin

Re: A bug in thumbnails view

Post by admin »

That's a cute idea! I currently have a lot of other things in the pipe but I'll come back to it later. Remind me when you feel like it. :wink: