[12.20] Unable to download Youtube page source - SOLVED

Things you’d like to miss in the future...

[12.20] Unable to download Youtube page source - SOLVED

Post by 40k »

Don,

Xyplorer throws error #0 Could Not Find Page when attempting to download a Youtube page with URL such as: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYywA0cyGBg
I was hoping the download command would download the source code of that page which I need to regex out some meta data. Any chance this is an easy fix?

Cheers!

Last edited by 40k on 16 Mar 2013 21:38, edited 1 time in total.
I develop scripts that integrate media functionality into Xyplorer.
Hash - Twitch.tv in VLC (NEW 2.0!) - FFmpeg GUI - Youtube downloading
XYplorer for Linux! Tutorial

Marco

Re: [12.20] Unable to download Youtube page source

Post by Marco »

Code: Select all

$html = readurl("http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYywA0cyGBg");
 text $html;
Tag Backup - SimpleUpdater - XYplorer Messenger - The Unofficial XYplorer Archive - Everything in XYplorer
Don sees all [cit. from viewtopic.php?p=124094#p124094]

Re: [12.20] Unable to download Youtube page source

Post by 40k »

Marco wrote:

$html = readurl("http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYywA0cyGBg");
 text $html;
Many thanks again Marco. :wink:
I develop scripts that integrate media functionality into Xyplorer.
Hash - Twitch.tv in VLC (NEW 2.0!) - FFmpeg GUI - Youtube downloading
XYplorer for Linux! Tutorial

admin
Site Admin

Re: [12.20] Unable to download Youtube page source - SOLVED

Post by admin »

This works well in 12.30 (no "Could Not Find Page" error):

download "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYywA0cyGBg";

RalphM

Post by RalphM »

admin wrote:This works well in 12.30 (no "Could Not Find Page" error):

download "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYywA0cyGBg";
Now that even admin starts to refer to a version 12.30 could somenone please tell me whether I missed some versions somehow????

My current version is still 12.20.0409!!!
Ralph :)
(OS: W11 22H2 Home x64 - XY: Current beta - Office 2019 32-bit - Display: 1920x1080 @ 125%)

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

RalphM

Post by RalphM »

So the official releases are not covered in the changelog of the beta's anymore?
A bit inconsistent IMO!
I just saw that 12.10 and 12.20 weren't mentioned either, so as a current beta user I need to check the official homepage too in order to stay up to date?
(OS: W11 22H2 Home x64 - XY: Current beta - Office 2019 32-bit - Display: 1920x1080 @ 125%)

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Yep, exactly. Showing the official version in the beta thread was a concession especially to jc hallgren years ago for a project which is now obsolete. No need to further waste time on this.

PeterH

Post by PeterH »

admin wrote:Yep, exactly. Showing the official version in the beta thread was a concession especially to jc hallgren years ago for a project which is now obsolete. No need to further waste time on this.
Oh - I'm used to go to the beta pages to look for posts and new versions.

Now if official versions will not be mentioned there I will have to check often and often for a new official version - normally just to find there is none.

Don't know how many people do it the same way...
W7(x64) SP1 German
( +WXP SP3 )

j_c_hallgren
XY Blog Master

Post by j_c_hallgren »

admin wrote:Yep, exactly. Showing the official version in the beta thread was a concession especially to jc hallgren years ago for a project which is now obsolete. No need to further waste time on this.
And that was a project for which I greatly regret having to discontinue :cry: mostly due to my eyesight issue which hinders my typing but also was due to the extreme speed at which XY was/is being updated so I was unable to keep up! :oops: I tried as best I could to do it but when I didn't spend time each/every day on it, I fell behind and sometimes didn't have time to catch up due to my summer business obligations. Don, as you hopefully know, I did the best I could under the circumstances...sorry again!
Still spending WAY TOO much time here! But it's such a pleasure helping XY be a treasure!
(XP on laptop with touchpad and thus NO mouse!) Using latest beta vers when possible.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

j_c_hallgren wrote:
And that was a project for which I greatly regret having to discontinue :cry: mostly due to my eyesight issue which hinders my typing but also was due to the extreme speed at which XY was/is being updated so I was unable to keep up! :oops: I tried as best I could to do it but when I didn't spend time each/every day on it, I fell behind and sometimes didn't have time to catch up due to my summer business obligations. Don, as you hopefully know, I did the best I could under the circumstances...sorry again!
I did not mention it to make you worry. You did a great job in those days. :appl: But today in my uber-optimized hardcore schedule I cannot tolerate atavistic routines. Kanzen applies without mercy.

avsfan

Post by avsfan »

PeterH wrote:Oh - I'm used to go to the beta pages to look for posts and new versions.

Now if official versions will not be mentioned there I will have to check often and often for a new official version - normally just to find there is none.

Don't know how many people do it the same way...
I was confused, too -- This is how I do it (or did it, now that the release versions aren't posted there any more).

I really liked having a single point of reference for all releases, both beta and final...

If it's up for consideration, I'd really love to have the official releases continue to be posted in the beta forum, please.

Thanks!

RalphM

Post by RalphM »

As I kind of made clear earlier:

+1 from me

Enternal

Post by Enternal »

Another option is turning "Check for Updates" back on in XYplorer. Of course it will slow XYplorer startups a little bit...

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Relax: The last beta is always identical to the following official version.