List position after "Dbl-click on empty space goes up"

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
Pagat

List position after "Dbl-click on empty space goes up"

Post by Pagat »

I'm pretty sure this worked different before but maybe someone can confirm:
  • Fresh installation of latest beta.
  • Navigate to a folder with lots of subfolders (list has to be longer than the screen height).
  • Navigate into a subfolder that is listed somewhere on the top or in the middle of the screen.
  • Double click on empty space space to go up again.
The position of the list is not correctly remembered since now the previous selected folder is the last one in the list. If i navigate back into the previous folder through history, then the list position is correctly remembered.

I think that "Dbl-click on empty space goes up" also remembered the correct list position of the previous folder (If not, treat it as a wish ;) )

edit: i just checked some version back to v10 and it seems that i was wrong and "Dbl-click on empty space goes up" never remembered the list position and placed the selected folder always at the bottom. Can this be changed with minimal effort so that it behaves like clicking on "back"?

edit 2: I just saw that there is also another difference between dbl-click and "history back": on dbl-click the previous selected folder is really selected, with "history back" it is only focused. Not sure if this should be harmonized...

admin
Site Admin

Re: List position after "Dbl-click on empty space goes up"

Post by admin »

Alas, these two things, up and back, work in different worlds. It be a major effort to "harmonize" them.

Pagat

Re: List position after "Dbl-click on empty space goes up"

Post by Pagat »

Also the "problem" with the list position? hm... guess i have to live with it. After all, i have lived with it for years and i don't know why i only noticed this now...