Remote computer folders

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
raananb

Remote computer folders

Post by raananb »

My laptop has a network connection to a desktop and I use that connection to keep a copy of some of the laptop file on the desktop using the Click/Drag/Backup feaure, which I find very convenient.

However, sometiles the remote desktop is hibernating; the laptop xyPlorer manages to wake it up, but by the time the folder structure is recovered by the laptop, the icon of the remote computer in xyPlorer loses its + sign, and the remote folders structure can only be displayed in the right panel. This complicates moving files from the local computer to the remote computer, since dragging is no longer possible.

wxPlorer should not give up too fast.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Remote computer folders

Post by admin »

Can you refresh the tree (F4) to update the icon? Or select the icon and then refresh the current folder (Shift+F4)?

raananb

Post by raananb »

F4 on the network icon starts "Enumerating servers on ... " and then annouces "Enumerating servers done", but the the network icon lost the + sign and the remote computer icon is gone.

Shift+F4 on the remote computer icon - without using F4 on the network icon - works, but the icon remains with a 'No Stop' sign.

TeamViewer is installed on both the laptop and the desktop, and it announces when the remote reconnects, so I have the info and can act accordingly. Without TeamViewer the situation would be more complicated.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks for the info. Impossible to replicate for me now, hence no way to debug.

raananb

Post by raananb »

Most probably extending the timout by 10 or 15 seconds will do the trick. I am ready to test.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Currently no time for this, sorry.