Weird behavior of file selection after tab switching

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
Statler

Weird behavior of file selection after tab switching

Post by Statler »

I've just installed 5.00.0124 and it behaves a little weird: I have several tabs open. In the first tab I select let's say 4 files. Then I switch to another tab. When I switch back to the first tab, the previously selected files are still selected as expected. When I try to select another (single) file now, this file plus 3 of the original selected files are selected. To correct the view I need to switch to another tab and back again. :(
I don't have "Highlight Focused Row" or "Highlight Selected Rows" checked.

surrender

Post by surrender »

i have "Highlight Focused Row" or "Highlight Selected Rows" ON and i too have the problem statler mentioned. But it seems like if the selected files have a focused file in it this bug appears. Because i just tried to select 4 files which had no focused file in it and it worked fine.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Weird behavior of file selection after tab switching

Post by admin »

Statler wrote:I've just installed 5.00.0124 and it behaves a little weird...
Damn interesting! This bug is at least 5 months old! It's even in the last "commonly-called-freeware" version 4.50.0030. Great find, Statler, thanks! :D

Statler

Re: Weird behavior of file selection after tab switching

Post by Statler »

admin wrote:This bug is at least 5 months old! It's even in the last "commonly-called-freeware" version 4.50.0030.
And I thought it was from your latest amendments. :shock: I was testing the "Highlight Selected Rows" and stumbled across the problem accidentally. :)
admin wrote:Great find, Statler, thanks! :D
You're welcome! :D

Gandolf

Post by Gandolf »

Sounds as if it might be related to a problem I had and Donald cured. "Sticky" file selection I called it.
http://www.xyplorer.com/xyfc/viewtopic.php?t=580

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Gandolf wrote:Sounds as if it might be related to a problem I had and Donald cured. "Sticky" file selection I called it.
http://www.xyplorer.com/xyfc/viewtopic.php?t=580
Yes, exactly!! But it's all fixed now.