Refresh Current Folder doesn't seem to work

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
drewkeller

Refresh Current Folder doesn't seem to work

Post by drewkeller »

I clicked View > Refresh Current Folder but it didn't refresh. I had to F5 or Refresh List to get it to refresh. I'm guessing that is a bug?

This is a network location. I had the Auto-Refresh turned off for network locations. I'm turning it on now for awhile and see if it affects my speed. Most of my files are on network and even remote locations.

If there is really an advantage for turning off Auto-Refresh for network locations, it would be handy to have a toolbar button for Refresh Current Folder, perhaps also for Refresh List.

I'm guessing that Refresh Current Folder is recursive, so the List option would be advantageous if you have a very large folder structure beneath the current folder (affected by large number of files in subfolders, too?).

admin
Site Admin

Re: Refresh Current Folder doesn't seem to work

Post by admin »

Refresh Current Folder only refreshes the current node in the tree.

drewkeller

Post by drewkeller »

So does that mean I have to do both Refresh Current Folder and Refresh List in order to... shall we say, refresh the overall 'view' of a folder? I can understand why it's like that, but it's unhandy for me and makes me wish even more that there were toolbar buttons for both of those commands so I could put them adjacent to each other and click-click (almost as good as one click).

There are so many options already, I hesitate to suggest making another one.

I'm still trying out the auto-refresh option for network locations.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

You can make a button that does both.