F5 pressing when in search result panel

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
Leopoldus

F5 pressing when in search result panel

Post by Leopoldus »

When I press the key F5 in search result panel, the panel changes to one of folders on the current drive (every time this is the same folder with name H:\! . Could you explain, what should happens accoring to your idea?

admin
Site Admin

Re: F5 pressing when in search result panel

Post by admin »

Leopoldus wrote:When I press the key F5 in search result panel, the panel changes to one of folders on the current drive (every time this is the same folder with name H:\! . Could you explain, what should happens accoring to your idea?
F5 refreshes the folder currently selected in tree. To refresh find results press F3.

Leopoldus

Post by Leopoldus »

F5 refreshes the folder currently selected in tree.
In my system this is not so. Now I see, that this is not a problem of search result panel, but the general one. No matter which folder or drive is current (or was cuurent before searching), after pressing F5 the current folder always changes to H:\! :shock: . I have no any ideas :((( Have you?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Leopoldus wrote:No matter which folder or drive is current (or was cuurent before searching), after pressing F5 the current folder always changes to H:\!

That's crazy! The current folder is also displayed in the title bar of the window. Is that H:\, too??

Leopoldus

Post by Leopoldus »

No, in title bar I see the same folder's name as in the tree panel.
This is, in the tree panel the current folder is C:\ABC, in the title bar the same, and in files panel I see the content of it. OK. Now I press F5, and what is the result? The situation in the tree panel and in the title bar has not changed, but in the file panel I see now the content of another folder, this H:\!, is it would be the content of C:\ABC.
Total mystery, isn't it?!

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Do you have a drive H:\?
If yes, anything special about that drive?
Did you try to close and restart the app?

Leopoldus

Post by Leopoldus »

Resrarted the app now. The problem's gone away!! :D
P.S.
But mistery however was indeed. (By the way, I have H: drive, it is a very usual virtual volume, and folder H:\! does exist too.)

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Well, good it's gone! Whenever you manage to reproduce this, let me know.

Don

Leopoldus

Post by Leopoldus »

Surely! But for now - many thanks for wise advice! :)