My whole system is lagging

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
admin
Site Admin

Re: My whole system is lagging

Post by admin »

Gandolf wrote:Running ::logchange 5; followed by ::text get("debuglog"); displayed a blank window.
You have to do it in this order:
1. ::logchange 5;
2. IE cache clearing
3. ::text get("debuglog");.

Gandolf

Post by Gandolf »

What I was doing was:
Starting XY with the ini file to set up the Branch View and the directory.
Executing ::logchange 5;
Running the download manager, which filled I.E.'s cache (XY displayed the cache contents).
When I'd finished downloading I then cleared I.E.'s cache and executed ::text get("debuglog"); after XY had stopped updating the file list.

Perhaps too much was happening between the ::logchange 5; command and ::text get("debuglog");

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

If the debuglog was empty AND you were using v10.90.0420 or later, then no notifications happened. Strange.

Gandolf

Post by Gandolf »

Well, I don't know what is going on. This is what I'm doing:

Start XY with the command "C:\Program Files\XYplorer\XYplorer.exe" /ini=Temporary Internet Files.
Paste ::logchange 5; into the Address bar and press Enter.
Close I.E. from the task bar.
The list of files in XY decreases and finally stops, displaying more files than exist.
Paste ::text get("debuglog"); into the Address bar and press Enter.
A blank window is displayed.

The ini file is the Default setting with branch view (files only, level indent unchecked); sort order is Modified, descending; no tree and a single pane; no toolbar. I doubt if it's the ini file since on some systems I've set it up from the default settings, without using my ini file. The correct number of files are displayed initially in the branch, usually 2000-3000.

I've tried this now on 20+ systems and the results are the same. I don't know what you are doing that I'm not and I don't have time to pursue this further. The Process Explorer display indicates that XY has not finished something, which is an indication to me why XY fails to list the correct number of files.

XY versions have always been the latest available at the time - the last test was with 11.00.0009.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Which folder is that? The standard %Temp% folder?

PeterH

Post by PeterH »

Gandolf wrote:Start XY with the command "C:\Program Files\XYplorer\XYplorer.exe" /ini=Temporary Internet Files.
Sorry, I don't understand: what's the meaning of that /ini command switch?

If it's what I think, shouldn't it be quoted (for the blanks): /ini="Temporary Internet Files"?
And I'd expect /ini to point to an XY ini file. so is "Temporary Internet Files.ini" the name of an ini file in XYdata?

Or am I totally wrong?
Win11 Pro 223H2 Gerrman

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

PeterH wrote:
Gandolf wrote:Start XY with the command "C:\Program Files\XYplorer\XYplorer.exe" /ini=Temporary Internet Files.
Sorry, I don't understand: what's the meaning of that /ini command switch?

If it's what I think, shouldn't it be quoted (for the blanks): /ini="Temporary Internet Files"?
And I'd expect /ini to point to an XY ini file. so is "Temporary Internet Files.ini" the name of an ini file in XYdata?

Or am I totally wrong?
You are right: The switch /ini=Temporary Internet Files will load "Temporary.ini" as INI file.