Preview not working correctly for some extensions

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
admin
Site Admin

Re: Preview not working correctly for some extensions

Post by admin »

Got it.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Borut wrote:
  • When previewing or raw viewing UTFxx, could you explicitly show the BOM status ("with" or "without") in the meta data area?
  • Would it be possible to offer font change on a right click onto a previewing area?
1. Not enough space in the meta data, I do it only for UTF-8. But UTF-16LE/BE are all BOM.
2. No, I cannot modify this menu.

Borut

Post by Borut »

Code: Select all

v10.90.0203 - 2012-03-23 10:55
Sorry, couldn't write back earlier.

I am really very happy with a present state of encodings support. You have done very much in a very short time - thank you. I believe that this area is now quite useful for people all over the world using various encodings. Those two points you mention are minor nice to have issues.

Re. BOM and UTF16xx: Complying documents should have BOM, yes. When not, your autodetection fails, but (at least for a file without BOM created on windows) an explicit selection of a UTF16xx-interpretation is now possible and interprets a non-conforming file good! So, great!
Re. BOM and UTF8: Complying documents are unfortunately allowed to include BOM, yes, which is actually only a nuisance (and I haven't yet tested how you flag this in that case, which you say you do), so thank you for handling this too.

I find the new possibility to add CP-interpretations without tweaking really welcome and very good - was pleasantly surprised. So, what can I say, but ... One is not a user here. One is a part of a development team.
Win 10 Pro 64bit

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks, man, I appreciate your review! :D

And thanks from me as well! It's not bad to be a part of an inspired development team.