Catalog bugs

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

jacky wrote:... "open" the meaning of "Operations" a bit ...
No problem for me. I just wonder what the common newbie might think... I personally would love to do it!

EDIT: this is a file manager, so almost everything it does is a "file operation". We need some other idea...

Any comments by others?

jacky
XYwiki Master

Post by jacky »

admin wrote:EDIT: this is a file manager, so almost everything it does is a "file operation".
I'm no others but, yeah ^^ that's true :P but leads us only to the "Misc" solution; as I really cant see any other label for all thoose

surrender

Post by surrender »

jacky wrote:
admin wrote: That would make a lot more sense if the catalog item color scheme would auto-react if you change the box color scheme. But maybe you don't want this all the time and with every item... no, sorry, implementing this would be a touch too smart.
Yeah ok, so then why not having an optional "Import Color Box Settings" on importing the fav folders?
Yeah, importing color box settings in catalog is a good idea. It makes navigation easier. Also, grouping similar colors can be useful.

jacky
XYwiki Master

Post by jacky »

jacky wrote:
admin wrote:EDIT: this is a file manager, so almost everything it does is a "file operation".
I'm no others but, yeah ^^ that's true :P but leads us only to the "Misc" solution; as I really cant see any other label for all thoose
so.. you don't like "Misc" or.. ??
admin wrote:- have submenus for fav files & special folders back on the right-click on tree that pops up the fav folders
> here applies the two-fools rule: you are still alone with this wish.
:cry: come on people, I really can't beleive I'm the only one who misses them :!:
jacky wrote:
admin wrote:
jacky wrote:And yeah, I found a little bug ;) Open Properties of a Catalog Item, then close the window using the cross in the titlebar instead of one of the buttons: all properties are lost! Should work like a click on Cancel if you ask me...
:?: It works as it should (like Cancel).
hmmm.. Tried with the new v5.0 and yes it does. With last version I had when I used the cross it would loose all the item settings (the unknown filetype icon, no label and something like [no data set] as tooltip) Guess you had it fixed already probably in your version ;)
errr... ok maybe it's linked to something else then, cause it's back! Properties of a catalog item, click on the cross to close the window, all properties are lost (no item title, [no data] as tooltip, etc) And this is with 5.00.0050 :?

Another bug with Catalog: you can't move an item to the last category IF it's an empty one, it won't do anythting.
Proud XYplorer Fanatic

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I don't like Misc (More I like more).

You are a lonely fool. :lol:

Still cannot repro your catalog item properties bug.

Move to last cat: I'll see...

jacky
XYwiki Master

Post by jacky »

admin wrote:I don't like Misc (More I like more).
Well... find something else then! ;) Cause thoose two would be nice to have 8) (btw, the add in Catalog probably could go in the menu (aka not in a submenu) as it works for both files & folders, and should always be at the same place.. unless you add tht new submenu with magical name for both ;))
admin wrote:You are a lonely fool. :lol:
:cry:
Still bugs me at times, I'm not too mad cause I put them in the Catalog. If I still had to use the Favorites menu I'll turn crazy :mrgreen:
admin wrote:Still cannot repro your catalog item properties bug.
Oh yeah... so here you go ;)
Choose "Add New Item Here" and add it, doesnt matter what properties you specify (you can leave them as they are, no location, doesnt matter, but add it)
Then try it, any items/categories you want, open the properties and click on the cross to close the window, properties lost!

Since we're on the Catalog subject; would be nice if file:/// items supported drop operations, as in I put EditPadLite in the Catalog, I can click it to start it, but also drop a file on it to start it with that file as arguments, ie open the file in EditPadLite! :D

And a question/suggestion for you: could catalog items remember sort order too ?

EDIT: How and, on the message "Remove this item from catalog?" it would be nice to have the item/category's name I think !
Just to be sure, safety. And consistency, after all it doesn't say "Are you sure you want to delete this folder ?" but ".....delete C:\WINDOWS ?" ;)
Proud XYplorer Fanatic

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

jacky wrote:
admin wrote:Still cannot repro your catalog item properties bug.
Oh yeah... so here you go ;)
Choose "Add New Item Here" and add it, doesnt matter what properties you specify (you can leave them as they are, no location, doesnt matter, but add it)
Then try it, any items/categories you want, open the properties and click on the cross to close the window, properties lost!
Yikes! Thank you and fixed.