Dragging and Dropping from Thunderbird Gives Error

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
Creat

Post by Creat »

Just as an update: The described error seems to appear on ALL drag & drop operations to external targets, if a copy/move is in progress (like dragging into Nero, explorer, ...)

pissant

Post by pissant »

Creat wrote:Just as an update: The described error seems to appear on ALL drag & drop operations to external targets, if a copy/move is in progress (like dragging into Nero, explorer, ...)
To external targets? Into Nero, Explorer? The issue I reported has to do with dragging from Thunderbird... Are you describing something similar?

pissant

Post by pissant »

In any event, using Sysinternals Filemon, I can kind of see what's going on. It doesn't seem to be very helpful or surprising, though ... but for what it's worth:

Let's say I have XYplorer open. Then, I initiate a drag-and-drop (using the left mouse button) from a Thunderbird mail window. When I release the mouse, Thunderbird creates the file being dragged in the root of C:\. This happens regardless of what directory XYplorer is showing--even if a file is dragged from Thunderbird to D:\ in XYplorer, the file ends up in C:\.

It's as if XYplorer isn't reporting what directory is focused. I have no idea how this works, so I have to resort to idiot terms. Like I said, not very insightful, and probably also not very helpful.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

pissant wrote:In any event, using Sysinternals Filemon, I can kind of see what's going on...
Thanks, I suspected this. WinZip does a similar act when you drag an item from an opened archive into XY, only not in C:\ (which is NOT very cool of Thunderbird!) but in the current user's Temp dir. XY has no problems with Winzip... when I find the time I will install the damn bird and see what's up...

Creat

Post by Creat »

@pissant: yea I was refering to my error I posted earlier in this thread which I thought was related to this. Now I'm not so sure anymore (I should've opened another thread for it, sorry), they seem independant now...