Uncheck Excluded folder

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
surrender

Uncheck Excluded folder

Post by surrender »

I dont know if its a small bug or a missing feature.

When I clear the list in excluded folders' list management, I expect the check mark for 'Excl' in the Find files to go off or the box to get greyed out. While the search will still give correct results as there are no excluded folders, but the Excluded folder tab turns blue indicating that something is excluded (which is wrong because i cleared the list).

admin
Site Admin

Re: Uncheck Excluded folder

Post by admin »

surrender wrote:I dont know if its a small bug or a missing feature.
Neither. It's logic. :wink:
Excluded folder turning blue does not indicate that something is excluded but that the Excluded Folders filter is active. Regardless of any exluded folders being defined.
It's the same with the Name tab. It's blue even if the Name field is empty.

surrender

Post by surrender »

admin wrote:
surrender wrote:I dont know if its a small bug or a missing feature.
Neither. It's logic. :wink:
Excluded folder turning blue does not indicate that something is excluded but that the Excluded Folders filter is active. Regardless of any exluded folders being defined.
It's the same with the Name tab. It's blue even if the Name field is empty.
I know its trivial, but why should it be active/blue when there is nothing inside??
When you enter something inside 'Excluded Folders' or any other fields in 'Find files', its becomes blue or active automatically. Going with the same logic i expect the blue thing to go off when I empty everything out (like-in clear list).
Just wanted to point out that it confused me a bit initially.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

surrender wrote:I know its trivial, but why should it be active/blue when there is nothing inside??
Short answer: Why not? It does not matter.

Longer answer: The idea behind auto-blueing (-activating) a search filter is: when you change any details of a filter you very probably want to use it else you would simply deactivate it. Like many "smart" features it easily leads to confusion as we see now.
It's the activity of changing that causes activation. Not the state of having contents.