Button tooltip does not always display

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
Gandolf

Button tooltip does not always display

Post by Gandolf »

Moving the mouse quickly onto a toolbar button (or between buttons) does not display the tooltip for the button. Moving the mouse very slightly after a quick movement, or moving the mouse slowly onto the button does display the tooltip.

In fact what it looks like is that the mouse has to move on the button after the button is highlighted to display the tooltip. Even moving the mouse slowly and stopping as soon as the button is highlighted does not display the tooltip.

Not important - just interesting!

admin
Site Admin

Re: Button tooltip does not always display

Post by admin »

Gandolf wrote:Not important - just interesting!
Yes, I'd called it a self-emergent feature: it was not planned like that but when I noticed it I liked it and kept it.

Gandolf

Post by Gandolf »

You're the boss, if you like it then it must be O.K.

JustinF

Post by JustinF »

Yes, I've noticed this "feature" too. It bugs me, but there are more important "features" to fix, I suppose.
Justin
Windows 7 Professional

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

JustinF wrote:Yes, I've noticed this "feature" too. It bugs me, but there are more important "features" to fix, I suppose.
Check new version.

JustinF

Post by JustinF »

admin wrote:
JustinF wrote:Yes, I've noticed this "feature" too. It bugs me, but there are more important "features" to fix, I suppose.
Check new version.
Ahhhhhh, that is much better. Thanks!
Justin
Windows 7 Professional

j_c_hallgren
XY Blog Master

Post by j_c_hallgren »

On my system (4.50.71), it still takes about 1 second before tip appears...and then when I move from "go to prev" to "stop" and passing over the "go to next" when there is no 'next' data causes the "stop" tip to be delayed the same initial second or so...but moving from 'active' tips to another is instant...humm??

Can this delay be reduced to maybe a 1/4 sec or so?

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

j_c_hallgren wrote:On my system (4.50.71), it still takes about 1 second before tip appears...
750 msec to be exact. All as it should be.

j_c_hallgren
XY Blog Master

Post by j_c_hallgren »

:roll: Maybe I'm just used to speedier appearing tips! I've got my File Info tips delay at 100ms...yes, I'm getting used to which toolbar icons are which but that looooooooonger delay seems to take a while... :wink:

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

j_c_hallgren wrote::roll: Maybe I'm just used to speedier appearing tips! I've got my File Info tips delay at 100ms...yes, I'm getting used to which toolbar icons are which but that looooooooonger delay seems to take a while... :wink:
Learn the meaning of the icons and you don't need tips! :wink: