Hover problem beyond Go menu

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
surrender

Hover problem beyond Go menu

Post by surrender »

After reading this post:

http://www.xyplorer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=628

I found that when i have a long list of paths under the Go menu (so long that it hits the bottom of the screen), I cannot hover beyond "Go" menu because "Favorites", "Tools" and "Help" menu are blocked by this long list. I have to click elsewhere to close the "Go" menu first and then I can access the other menus. However if the list is short then hover works fine.

admin
Site Admin

Re: Hover problem beyond Go menu

Post by admin »

surrender wrote:After reading this post:

http://www.xyplorer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=628

I found that when i have a long list of paths under the Go menu (so long that it hits the bottom of the screen), I cannot hover beyond "Go" menu because "Favorites", "Tools" and "Help" menu are blocked by this long list. I have to click elsewhere to close the "Go" menu first and then I can access the other menus. However if the list is short then hover works fine.
Yes, I'd say this problem is by design of Windows. I could only limit the number of entries or pack them into a sub menu (as I did with the favorites).

surrender

Post by surrender »

Since there are only 32 paths or less at any given time, can you convert the long column into two short columns?? Just an idea.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

surrender wrote:Since there are only 32 paths or less at any given time, can you convert the long column into two short columns?? Just an idea.
That's what I'm doing at the toolbar BACK/FORE buttons: a "past" part and a "future" part. And I think because of these toolbar button menus, it should be allowed to pack the go list down to a submenu.

surrender

Post by surrender »

Exactly, you can have a submenu named "History" and have these paths there.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

surrender wrote:Exactly, you can have a submenu named "History" and have these paths there.
Done. :)

surrender

Post by surrender »

Cool!! :D .

j_c_hallgren
XY Blog Master

Post by j_c_hallgren »

I didn't really follow this thread but now that I've installed the update, I like the change! Having the history in submenu makes it look a bit cleaner. Thanks!