PDF window takes control in preview mode...

Things you’d like to miss in the future...
j_c_hallgren
XY Blog Master

PDF window takes control in preview mode...

Post by j_c_hallgren »

Ok...so that subject may not be quite clear...I admit...but when I'm using the up/down keys to skim (via 'preview') thru a folder with various file types, should I hit a pdf file, the up/down keys then only affect the preview window, instead of the file list. Does that description make sense? BTW, I have AcrobRdr 7 installed.
Anyway, is that what is spozzed to occur?

admin
Site Admin

Re: PDF window takes control in preview mode...

Post by admin »

j_c_hallgren wrote:Ok...so that subject may not be quite clear...I admit...but when I'm using the up/down keys to skim (via 'preview') thru a folder with various file types, should I hit a pdf file, the up/down keys then only affect the preview window, instead of the file list. Does that description make sense? BTW, I have AcrobRdr 7 installed.
Anyway, is that what is spozzed to occur?
Yep, the webbrowser control steals the focus when displaying a PDF-document. I could never find a solution to this, because the PDF is loaded asynchronously and does not tell me when it's done (so I could set the focus back) nor does it tell me when it grabs the focus.

j_c_hallgren
XY Blog Master

Post by j_c_hallgren »

:roll: Ok...I can understand that problem...so then, we can simply handle it via a note as needed in any relevant doc/help..."if you can't solve it, document it" was one of my standard procedures when I did programming. :)